Skip to main content
Topic: Dehumidifier (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
Dehumidifier
Yahoo Message Number: 108587
As workampers we spend several months backed up to a mountain stream with attendant humidity and mildew.  Is there a dehumidifier that fits in the rear cargo bay of a 30 ft. 99 LD that can keep that area and our IB rear bedroom dry?

Re: Dehumidifier
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 108588
The shop that works on my "sob" suggested keeping a small fan tocirculateair in the overhead (where I get the most dampness for some reason).   It is keeping it dry, running on low, 24/7 (it's a 12 volt fan).

Hope this helps -

Helen

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 108589
"As workampers we spend several months backed up to a mountain stream with attendant humidity and mildew."
jgray

Well, I wish I had that problem... which mountain stream???
 In my estimation the best thing for humidity and mildew is fresh moving air and to provide that I'd use a fan, probably and Endless Breeze by Fantastic Fan. (no matter what mountain stream it was!)

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 108618
"Check out Moonshine Creek Campground in Balsam NC."
Ah yes, the Blue Ridge, I've driven it several times, all north to south. Usually starting at Front Royal, VA. Camped a couple of places along the way, of which I can't remember the names. Camped at Cherokee. Interesting town that! Guess I missed Moonshine Creek though.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 108620
We also have humidity problems with our house boat.
 We use the "No Damp Dehumidifier" it works great all winter to keep the boat interior dry. It prevents condensation and mildew. Cost about $8.
 We have found the following products at West Marine on-line catalog. Different other products for boats range from $8 to $400.
 http://ecatalog.westmarine.com/full.asp?page=363 David and Verna 2004 26.5 MB (Spokane)

__

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 108621
Jgray, might you be the folks with the tan LD that's usually wintered in a lot on Rt 100 in Flagler Beach?

Ted H.

@ Gamble Rogers SRA

Check out Moonshine Creek Campground in Balsam NC. We're there from March
to November. Thanks for the input.

jgray
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 108622
Here in the woods of the Pacific NW I need a serious dehumidifier. I tried buying the smaller, 35 pint Sears energystar model but it doesn't work in colder weather (40 degrees) so I stick with the 50 pint model. It's heavy and not small but it seriously does the job - as you'll see when you go to empty the water bin. Mold likes to grow up here - especially in the warm damp environment of a heated trailer.

Francine