Skip to main content
Topic: Carpet cover suggestions (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Carpet cover suggestions
Yahoo Message Number: 108252
The light blue carpet, in our 2003 LD, shows any bit of dirt very easily. We noticed this at the Factory in the floor models.
Consequently, we covered it right after delivery with custom fitted throw rugs.
After many years of duty, the covers need replacement and I'm looking for suggestions.
Since the LD has barrel chairs, on one side and a couch on the other, commonly available carpet runners are too narrow.
I'm looking for something that is a minimum of 60" wide X 120" long, can be trimmed to fit without unraveling and is soft, warm and easy on bare feet.
So, what are you using?

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Re: Carpet cover suggestions
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 108254
Larry,
 Shortly after we got our 2001 LD, we bought several machine-made 'Turkish' carpets to cover the carpet and linoleum in most places.  The carpet in front of the couch fits against the couch and goes under the front of the chair legs.  It has stood up well, and looks nice with the colorful pattern to match the interior.
 We bought the carpet (rug) form a discount rug store for around $89 and have been very happy with it.

Barry Where are we?  http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=122

Carpet cover suggestions
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 108256
Larry,

Having had a FL for 7 years, I know the problem you have finding a large one-piece cover.  What we ended up using was the Camping World carpet cover that you buy by the foot.  Yes, it's only 30", but we just put a second piece, cut to fit around the fold-up table base.  We really love this stuff: it has a clinging back that sorta sticks to the carpet, so it lies flat and doesn't move around.  It can be very easily cut to fit.  It's very easy to pick it up to take outside and shake out.  And it washes very well, either by hand or by machine.  It's available only through the CW web site

:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/carpetsaver/10372

They used to offer two colors, gray and beige..now there's only beige available.

Good luck,

Ted H.

'05 RB  NE-13

@ NAS JAX, FL
 After many years of duty, the covers need replacement and I'm looking for suggestions.
Since the LD has barrel chairs, on one side and a couch on the other, commonly available carpet runners are too narrow.
I'm looking for something that is a minimum of 60" wide X 120" long, can be trimmed to fit without unraveling and is soft, warm and easy on bare feet.
Larry

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]