Skip to main content
Topic: Political opinions (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Political opinions
Yahoo Message Number: 108232
I suspect there are over 100,000 sites, forums, etc. where people can discuss their personal political beliefs.
Must this site become one of them?

Ed

Re: Political opinions
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 108239
"I suspect there are over 100,000 sites, forums, etc. where people can discuss their personal political beliefs. Must this site become one of them?"
 Amen. As I said earlier today, we've blown off enough steam. Let's move on.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 108240
Whereas I agree this site is a site about RV's, unless we address politics ans speak up our ability to have an RV could be taken from us. There are many within the Green/LEED/energy efficiency movement who would love to see big vehicles and big engines banned.  There is talk in Europe that would track each person and how much carbon they create, then tax you accordingly.  When you make a flight, take a bus ride, or drive your 10 mpg RV you would have to scan your I'd card or report miles driven each year.  They will look at home energy use, everything Trust me this program and the carbon offset program currently being discussed by Pelosi and Reid aren't entirely about reducing greenhouse emissions, as this is viewed as a way to steal more of our money. Trust me I am firmly entrenched in the green battle as it is part of my career.
 So we can bury our heads in the sand or put on our rose colored glasses and say this is not a political group, or we can become aware of the issues which can severely affect us, or freedoms, and our lifestyles.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 108241
"unless we address politics ans speak up our ability to have an RV could be taken from us"
 Nobody's proposing anything like that, so let's not set up straw men. Look, computer viruses are a huge problem. So is swine flu. So are lots of things. They potentially affect all of us. But we don't hash over the details here, because as Ed said and I'll repeat, THERE ARE OTHER PLACES to talk about these things.
 Keeping politics (or gun control or religion) out of this forum doesn't mean burying our heads in the sand. It just means finding the appropriate place to have those discussions. This isn't it.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

AM Solar free shipping
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 108312
If any of you have been putting off purchasing solar panels from AM Solar, they are now offering a "Christmas Special" of free shipping to the Continental 48 states.  (They're eliminating both the shipping and the "repackaging" fee for this sale) This, in addition to their ongoing $100 off special may just make it the time to bite the bullet.

Rich Gort - 2000 MB - Birch Bay, WA
Former 2000 MB- Now Bullet Crossfire 1800RB trailer pulled by a Chevy 2500HD

Re: AM Solar free shipping
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 108321
Also, a friend of mine just got AM Solar panels installed on her RV and said they qualify for a 30% tax credit (federal? state?  She's RVing

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 108328
Obama is suppose to be sending through a program to allow the purchasing of home improvement items. One being solar systems. with a 50% discount.. to stimulate the economy. Not sure how this will affect purchasing for RV's. But it would be a good thing to watch and find out.

__

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 108330
Also, a friend of mine just got AM Solar panels installed on her RV and said they qualify for a 30% tax credit (federal? state?  She's RVing in Mexico now, so hard to ask her).  And she said "the price of panels is down."

This is a federal tax credit (although individual states may also offer a credit).  We took it back in 2007 when we had solar panels added to our current rig.  I guess it's still available...?

Linda Hylton http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com/
Linda Hylton

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 108339
Just my input- I was down at the alternative energy store a couple weeks ago looking for an inverter and the guy there told me there was a minimum purchase for the rebate and it had to include a solar panel, so, the inverter and $100 panel nets about a grand back. Not too shabby. Haven't been back to speak with him further but that's one way to improve your power. Thanks for reminding me about this, I think we have us a Field Trip!

Tane'

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 108418
It's not just Andy and Bumper that don't want to see politics, or religion, here.

best, paul

"Thriving not surviving" - Paul Schaye (at 2008 NYC Marathon) - See our website at www. LazyDazers.com