Skip to main content
Topic: +[LD]++cleaning+and+waxing (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
+[LD]++cleaning+and+waxing
Yahoo Message Number: 107906
Just a thought ... has anyone asked folks at the MotherShip if they have any suggestions on how to clean and wax this challenging section of the LDs?

Kathleen '96 Little Red RB

Re: +[LD]+Re:+cleaning+and+waxing
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 121104
Help!! My '84 LD Diesel is out of commission, Haynes and Chilton manuals for vans don't include diesel engines.
Parts houses  tell me that what I want  is not available after market, go to Chevrolet.
The mothership tell me that what I want  came from Chevrolet and they don't help with it.
Chevrolet dealership say it is too old, they no longer have parts.

Maybe somebody here?
 The problem is that the starter started chattering like a dead battery.
The engine has 2 batteries and they are both fully charged.
I pulled the starter/solenoid and had it tested. Strong starter/solenoid.
Research suggests that some GM diesels in this vintage had 12v cabins and used 24v for the starter. That will require a crossover connection device. Anybody know if that's the case? What it is called? Anybody have a wiring diagram? I have one, but I know that it does not match the vehicle.  I have a large box on the firewall with fins all around and 3 red connectors that seems likely for the crossover, but......
 Someone here put a supercharger on a comparable LD, and posted information and photos. I searched several ways, but I couldn't find them. If someone remembers who, that would probably be a great place for me to start.

Thanks for any help.

GP - Austin __ ....not all who wander are lost.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

+cleaning+and+waxing--Now diesel problem
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 121106
"Someone here put a supercharger on a comparable LD, and posted information and photos. I searched several ways, but I couldn't find them. If someone remembers who, that would probably be a great place for me to start."

GP

You should contact billyjbrower .
He is a diesel mechanic and owns an LD with a supercharger.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/lifewithalazydazerv/message/105489>

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Cleaning and waxing
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 107967
We have also applied custom graphic art decals to the fake windows and it has held up well and elicited numerous comments.
Larry/Bonnie 92 FL named Tilly

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]