Skip to main content
Topic: Newbies & Forum Posts (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Newbies & Forum Posts
Yahoo Message Number: 105951
I’m thinking that whenever the LD folks get together, maybe those that know how to do simple computer commands, (cut/paste and post on forums) could help the folks that don’t know (yet).  Kind of like LD people helping each other with tips on RVing.  I, for one, would be willing to teach during a GTG, even though I’m not that versed in computerese. Tessa came up with the idea of “lunch and learn”, just short bursts of knowledge, shared.
 I do appreciate all Andy does to keep the Life With forum quick and concise, and I get my groups via a “daily digest”.  I know my e-mail would be filled in a day from groups e-mail, as many of the groups don’t ask that the previous posts be edited down.

So, if you see me at a GTG, please ask, I will help if I can!

Lisa and Blue 1990 Multi-plan
2005 RB

Re: Newbies & Forum Posts
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 105953
Where and when are these GTG?  I saw one posted a month ago - but not in my area (northern Ca) and in looking back at posts from years ago, couldn't find any either.
 We don't see many LD s on the road.  Where do LD folks hang out summer and winter?

Cathi

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 105972
Where and when are these GTG?  I saw one posted a month ago - but not in my area (northern Ca) We don't see many LD s on the road.  Where do LD folks hang out summer and winter?

Cathi
There is the Northern Exposure group, So Cal Campers group, LD Southwest group and many more.  I looked into the Files and Links (I swear there used to be a related groups section), but didn't find the listings.  The LD SW group is meeting near Las Vegas, NV Dec 1-4.
 I'm hoping someone (Tessa, maybe) can give a link to the various regional groups, which are all over the country.  Some post here, others have their own Yahoo group.

Lisa and Blue
2005 RB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 105973
Quote from: carrerachic99"

"Where and when are these GTG?  I saw one posted a month ago - but not in my area (northern Ca)"
 When reading the posts on the web site, look in the box on the left side.  Choose Links > Lazy Daze only info > Lazy Daze Groups.
 That should point you to most, if not all the groups that have contact information.

Sharon N.
Crossville, TN

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 105976
I actually have a command list that I can reproduce as a flyer for those who need either PC or Mac commands to do certain functions easily.  Plus I have taught this type of computerese and skills to others in a previous life...(laughs out loud).
 I am always willing to do mini-lessons for those who want to get the know-how on this stuff.

Donna Smeall Vaughn, WA 26.5 RB Daizy