Skip to main content
Topic: cargo door seals - too much time on my hands (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
cargo door seals - too much time on my hands
Yahoo Message Number: 105898
The factory manual recommends using petroleum jelly on the cargo door seals to keep them from sticking. I have used a silicone gell in the past on door weather stripping. Have any of you tried either product (or anything else) on your door seals, and if so has it done any good? I am trying to keep up with the preventive maintenance on our rig, and it's time for the door seals. Who knows, next week I might drain the hot water heater!

Larry Jones 2008 24' FD
Larry in Monument, CO
2008 24' FD

Re: cargo door seals - too much time on my hands
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 105899
wrote: The factory manual recommends using petroleum jelly on the cargo door seals to keep them from sticking. I have used a silicone gell in the past on door weather stripping. Have any of you tried either product (or anything else) on your doorseals, and if so has it done any good? --- In my experience, petroleum jelly is sticky; it "gunks" and attracts dust, grit and dirt. I do use silicone spray for some hardware, but for anything rubber or vinyl, I use 303 Protectant; pour a very small amount of 303 on the corner of a little sponge and swab the seals. YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 105900
The factory manual recommends using petroleum jelly on the cargo door seals to keep them from sticking. I have used a silicone gell in the past on door weather stripping. Have any of you tried either product (or anything else) on your door seals, and if so has it done any good? I am trying to keep up with the preventive maintenance on our rig, and it's time for the door seals. Who knows, next week I might drain the hot water heater!

Larry Jones 2008 24' FD
I use the 303 for same reasons Joan just mentioned.

Joe Hamm

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 105901
Thank you. I just happen to have some 303 handy.

Larry
Larry in Monument, CO
2008 24' FD