Skip to main content
Topic: LWALDRV Posts Extracts (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
LWALDRV Posts Extracts
Yahoo Message Number: 105892
Ever since I began following this group 8 years ago, I have been cutting and pasting into Word documents any items that I thought may be of future informational value to me.  It recently struck me that if I converted them to HTML format and built an index, then I would be able to more easily and quickly find something.  So that's been my latest project - I went through everything that I had and re-sorted and classified topics.
 I've posted the result on Toad Hall (www.wxtoad.com) if anyone would like to check it out.  All I have is the index by topics; it is NOT meant to replace Art's most excellent archives by any means. For my own personal use, I can access it on my computer when "off the grid", so to speak.

Ted H.
'05 RB  NE-12 Charlton MA

Re: LWALDRV Posts Extracts
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 105894
Ted

Nice addition, have you added a link to it in the Files section? Andy may be able to use this in the FAQ revision.

I also see that you have been busy fixing up you newly acquired RB.
Keep at it.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 105915
Ever since I began following this group 8 years ago, I have been cutting and pasting into Word documents any items that I thought may be of future informational value to me.

For my own personal use, I can access it on my computer when "off the grid", so to speak.

This is a great idea Ted.
 I am a newbie with an oldie (22ft '84LDMP) and have simply hit the forward button to all messages of interest, to a separate gmail account.  Sending the messages in this way, I then have all my folders (labels) set up in my gmail account such as, exterior paint, roofing, interior, bathroom plumbing, etc.  Then I edit them as needed.  It is very easy for me to find what I am looking for this way.
 But you are right, when I am off the grid, I cannot access my gmail account.
 Hmm,m - so now I see I have to further send them to a word.doc, sort of like my own personal "ebook".  Why not?  Thanks for the tip.

Cathi

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 105919
Cathi,

You're on the right track with your use of a separate email account for the LD posts.  All you need to do now is use some email program such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc, to download that email account to your computer.  Then you would have access to them when "off the internet grid."

Ted

I am a newbie with an oldie (22ft '84LDMP) and have simply hit the forward button to all messages of interest, to a separate gmail account. Sending the messages in this way, I then have all my folders (labels) set up in my gmail account such as, exterior paint, roofing, interior, bathroom plumbing, etc.
Then I edit them as needed. It is very easy for me to find what I am looking for this way.
 But you are right, when I am off the grid, I cannot access my gmail account.

Hmm,m - so now I see I have to further send them to a word.doc, sort of like my own personal "ebook". Why not? Thanks for the tip.

Cathi

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 106029
"Ever since I began following this group 8 years ago, I have been cutting and pasting into Word documents any items that I thought may be of future informational value to me.  It recently struck me that if I converted them to HTML format and built an index, then I would be able to more easily and quickly find something.  So that's been my latest project - I went through everything that I had and re-sorted and classified topics.
 I've posted the result on Toad Hall (www.wxtoad.com) if anyone would like to check it out.  All I have is the index by topics; it is NOT meant to replace Art's most excellent archives by any means. For my own personal use, I can access it on my computer when "off the grid", so to speak. "

Ted H.
'05 RB  NE-12 Charlton MA
And while you're checking out Ted's index, look at his recent upgrades/additions to his '05 RB.  Nice work, Ted!

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB