Skip to main content
Topic: In Dash Radio Fuse and Toilet Seat (what a combination) (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic
In Dash Radio Fuse and Toilet Seat (what a combination)
Yahoo Message Number: 105845
I have lost 12VDC power for the Dash Radio in my 1997 30IB. I removed the radio from the dashboard and the 12 VDC line is dead.
I know it is powered from the house batteries but I cannot find a fuse anywhere that is blown.
Anyone know where Lazy Daze hid this fuse?
 On another topic, has anyone had to replace the lid on their Sealand toilet & will standsrd seat fit it?
 We left home yesterday for a 6 week trip and Murphy is already at work.

Re: In Dash Radio Fuse and Toilet Seat (what a combination)
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 105846
I have lost 12VDC power for the Dash Radio in my 1997 30IB. I removed the radio from the dashboard and the 12 VDC line is dead.
I know it is powered from the house batteries but I cannot find a fuse anywhere that is blown.
Anyone know where Lazy Daze hid this fuse?
Check under the hood on the driver side firewall.  10 Amp yellow fuse holder marked CD/Radio on my 2002 MB.

Malcolm
2002 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 105859
I have a 2008 MB.  My dash stereo fuse is located in the engine compartment, against the left wall  It is an in-line fuse rather than being in a fuse panel.  There are two fuses there, one labeled "CD Radio" and the other labeled "CB Radio".  Both are on orange wires.
Ken F.
'08 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 105863
"has anyone had to replace the lid on their Sealand toilet & will standsrd seat fit it?"
 Yes and yes. I've bought standard toilets seats at Walmart and they fit with no problems.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 105865
"has anyone had to replace the lid on their Sealand toilet & will standsrd seat fit it?"
 Toilet seats come in different shapes so make sure to take the old one, as a sample, when you go to the home center.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 105866
wrote: I've bought standard toilets seats at Walmart and they fit with no problems.
--- Yeah, but "standard" toilet seats are so boring; a choice from this outfit might liven up your bath:

http://tinyurl.com/pk9pua
 (Hmmm, they are missing the "camo" options and the seat with real cartridges embedded in the acrylic.....)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 105878
I have a 2008 MB.  My dash stereo fuse is located in the engine compartment, against the left wall  It is an in-line fuse rather than being in a fuse panel.  There are two fuses there, one labeled "CD Radio" and the other labeled "CB Radio".  Both are on orange wires.
Ken F.
Thanks all for the prompt replies.
Found the fuses and picked up a American Standard Toilet seat at Lowe's that is perfect match for toilet.
Boy, glass fuses must be rare anymore. Tey are expensive....

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 105879
Yeah, but "standard" toilet seats are so boring; a choice from this outfit might liven up your bath:

http://tinyurl.com/pk9pua
 (Hmmm, they are missing the "camo" options and the seat with real cartridges embedded in the acrylic.....)

Joan
If you are going all out on the seat, you might as well get a 'Toilet Monster' for your "special" guests!  :)
 http://www.prankplace.com/toiletmonster.htm  
Adam