Skip to main content
Topic: introducing Stardust (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
introducing Stardust
Yahoo Message Number: 105350
Yesterday 'Stardust' was delivered by Colin Moore to our home in Oregon. The whole experience of buying our 2009 31' IB has been a sweet pleasure. Colin delivered her in perfect condition on time. The fabulous team at LD made the transaction incredibly easy. Dianna McCance thoughtfully placed informative post-its on the paperwork making the hand-off and vehicle registration a breeze. It took less than 15 minutes at the DMV! We had looked at other brands of MH and found them sorely lacking. Researching on the internet we eventually discovered LD, this newsgroup and the many happy, fiercely loyal owners. We contacted Steve and started the order process. The features we were looking for just happened to be how the IB floor model was configured. A perfect match! So without ever visiting the factory we bought it and arranged for delivery.
The addition of various necessities has begun. PI EMS HW30C, automatic levelers, scan guage II, and ...
One concern we had was the small ovens installed in MHs. We are big fans of Elizabeth Yarnell's "Glorious One Pot Meals". We use a Le Creuset dutch oven that need 5.5 inches of oven height. We thought we would have to do Andy's fix of replacing the range, but the Atwood installed in Stardust fits the pot easily! Happy!
 Stardust: Like Andy we are Hoagy Carmichael fans (loved his cameo in "To Have and Have Not"). Also greatly enjoy the recent fantasy film of the same title.
Here's a link to the ultimate rendition of Stardust by the legendary Nate King Cole.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyKAUBkdOs

Re: introducing Stardust
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 105353
Congratulations, Richard, on your beautiful new Stardust! I take my hat off to you for having the guts to make such a major investment sight unseen. Obviously, you did your homework well, but still... that had to take a lot of faith and courage.
 Although we weren't experienced campers or RVers, I had paid a solo visit to the Mothership in April '08, a year before ordering BluCon. Then I dragged my husband there last December, when we were in the LA area to drop off a rented Road Bear RV. (He went not quite kicking and screaming, but close. That visit and the rented RV are the main story behind the "BluCon" name). Although he fell in love with the MB, just as I had, it still took five more months before we were psychologically ready to take the plunge. (The steep economic downturn didn't help much, but since we're at the now-or-never stage of life, we just did it.)
 I'm 100% certain you'll enjoy your wonderful new LD just as much as we are enjoying BluCon!

Martha in Santa Fe

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 105359
Quote from: richardg1952
Here's a link to the ultimate rendition of Stardust by the legendary Nate King Cole.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyKAUBkdOs ==============================
 Welcome to the club! And thank you so much for posting the youtube "Stardust," which I so much enjoyed. Can't have too much Stardust in your life.

Anne Johnson

Lovely (Steaming!) La Verne, CA

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 105402
Just Curious...
 What brand of automatic levelers did you have installed in your LD??
We were going to go with BigFoot, but decided the low clearance on the LD would cause grief, so we going with HWH. They're being installed next week.

Richard

Yesterday 'Stardust' was delivered by Colin Moore to our home in Oregon. The whole experience of buying our 2009 31' IB has been a sweet pleasure. Colin delivered her in perfect condition on time. The fabulous team at LD made the transaction incredibly easy. Dianna McCance thoughtfully placed informative post-its on the paperwork making the hand-off and vehicle registration a breeze. It took less than 15 minutes at the DMV! We had looked at other brands of MH and found them sorely lacking. Researching on the internet we eventually discovered LD, this newsgroup and the many happy, fiercely loyal owners. We contacted Steve and started the order process. The features we were looking for just happened to be how the IB floor model was configured. A perfect match! So without ever visiting the factory we bought it and arranged for delivery.
The addition of various necessities has begun. PI EMS HW30C, automatic levelers, scan guage II, and ...
One concern we had was the small ovens installed in MHs. We are big fans of Elizabeth Yarnell's "Glorious One Pot Meals". We use a Le Creuset dutch oven that need 5.5 inches of oven height. We thought we would have to do Andy's fix of replacing the range, but the Atwood installed in Stardust fits the pot easily! Happy!
 Stardust: Like Andy we are Hoagy Carmichael fans (loved his cameo in "To Have and Have Not"). Also greatly enjoy the recent fantasy film of the same title.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFyKAUBkdOs

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 105405
Ed, re levelers, I had Quadra Bigfoot levelers installed and am happy with them.
Ken F. In Baxter St PK in Maine
'08 MB

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 105415
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2009 5:58 PM
 Subject: [LD] Re: introducing Stardust

We were going to go with BigFoot, but decided the low clearance on the LD would cause grief, so we going with HWH. They're being installed next week.

Richard

Richard,
 For some inexpicable reason, "levelers" are almost like religion, what people have they believe in - - passionately (g)
 You'll like the HWH levelers. They have good clearance and very good lift height. The ones I installed on Yonder will lift the front end, both tires well off the ground. The rear can be lifted completely off the ground too, but since most of the time you will be relying on the rear wheels (parking brake) to keep the LD in one spot, it's important to make sure the front end of the LD is not way higher than the rear when you hit the auto level button! If it is, be sure to chock the front wheels, 'cause when the rear ones come off the ground, the motorhome will pivot forward or back and "fall" off the kick-down jacks. I've done this a couple of times by accident . . . before I smartened up some. No damage done, except to pride.
 BTW, if using the HWH to change one of the rear duals, manually select lifting that side only. The opposite side wheel brake would likely hold the rig, but chock the tires anyway. Also use blocks or a jack stand for safety.
Still it's pretty cool to be able to lift any wheel of the LD completely off the ground - - something the non-kick down jacks generally can't do.
 BTW, if you are getting the remote, push button console, a conventient place to install it is just left of the steering wheel on the lower dash cover.
HWH makes a plastic wedge that matches the gray plastic in my '05 perfectly.
This location allows operation from the driver seat or while outside with the driver door open - - and it doesn't get in the way as some other mounting options might.

all the best,

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 105419
Richard,
 For some inexpicable reason, "levelers" are almost like religion, what people have they believe in - - passionately (g)
 You'll like the HWH levelers. They have good clearance and very good lift height. The ones I installed on Yonder will lift the front end, both tires well off the ground. The rear can be lifted completely off the ground too, but since most of the time you will be relying on the rear wheels (parking brake) to keep the LD in one spot, it's important to make sure the front end of the LD is not way higher than the rear when you hit the auto level button! If it is, be sure to chock the front wheels, 'cause when the rear ones come off the ground, the motorhome will pivot forward or back and "fall" off the kick-down jacks. I've done this a couple of times by accident . . . before I smartened up some. No damage done, except to pride.
 BTW, if using the HWH to change one of the rear duals, manually select lifting that side only. The opposite side wheel brake would likely hold the rig, but chock the tires anyway. Also use blocks or a jack stand for safety.
Still it's pretty cool to be able to lift any wheel of the LD completely off the ground - - something the non-kick down jacks generally can't do.
 BTW, if you are getting the remote, push button console, a conventient place to install it is just left of the steering wheel on the lower dash cover.
HWH makes a plastic wedge that matches the gray plastic in my '05 perfectly.
This location allows operation from the driver seat or while outside with the driver door open - - and it doesn't get in the way as some other mounting options might.
Thanks bumperm. I'll have the installer do as you suggest. We were concerned about how to jack the LD to change a tire. The HWH provides that added bonus. We'll pick up some wheel chocks as well :)

Richard