Skip to main content
Topic: Can Ebay determine fair market value of a Lazy Daze? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Can Ebay determine fair market value of a Lazy Daze?
Yahoo Message Number: 104749
I am interested in a Lazy Daze.  We are doing our homework at this point and beginning to make inquires with sellers. It's too soon to know if we will find the right LD, or buy another brand when a time comes to pull the trigger. We have been members of the group for a month...  It has provided  much info on all aspects of LD living. Outstanding group!
 There is a folder on risks of ebay purchasing. (that link is dead by the way). Surely all understand the risk of purchasing something used ... we might be buying someone else's problems... or,  There are those who keep a tidy ship and those who don't ... or, One persons word is their  bond ... NOT . These are issues for all who enter the open marketplace.
I have had both good and not so good results with Ebay. Generally, I rate it well.
At the moment there is a 2001 Lazy Daze 26.5 ft. mid-bath with 43000 miles (excellent condition) being auctioned on EBAY. This particular motorhome has been for sale on other sites such as RVtrader, and Craigslist since we began to seriously look.
My question of you Lazy Daze Zealots is this; Will a sale on Ebay present a fair market value of this (excellent condition)  2001 Lazy Daze 26.5 ft. mid-bath with 43000 miles?

Re: Can Ebay determine fair market value of a Lazy Daze?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 104750
... At the moment there is a 2001 Lazy Daze 26.5 ft. mid-bath with 43000 miles (excellent condition) being auctioned on EBAY. This particular motorhome has been for sale on other sites such as RVtrader, and Craigslist since we began to seriously look.
My question of you Lazy Daze Zealots is this; Will a sale on Ebay present a fair market value of this (excellent condition)  2001 Lazy Daze 26.5 ft. mid-bath with 43000 miles?
That LD is a rear kitchen floorplan, not a midbath.
 eBay will not yield the fair market value of this rig, especially in a 10-day listing and after other basic rv marketing tools have already been tried.  I suspect that she's insisting on a price that's very optimistic.  OTOH, the seller's feedback shows that she purchased a Roadtrek (Class B) in May so if the LD has been on the market for a while, she might be really motivated.  When I found my LD on eBay 5 years ago, I ended up paying far less than this board's "percentage of current price" chart indicated, after the listing closed with no bidders.
 You need to ask the seller what her Reserve price is, as well as many other questions, particularly regarding documentation of maintenance and any repairs.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 104754
I am interested in a Lazy Daze.  We are doing our homework at this point and beginning to make inquires with sellers. It's too soon to know if we will find the right LD, or buy another brand when a time comes to pull the trigger. We have been members of the group for a month...  It has provided  much info on all aspects of LD living. Outstanding group!
 There is a folder on risks of ebay purchasing. (that link is dead by the way). Surely all understand the risk of purchasing something used ... we might be buying someone else's problems... or,  There are those who keep a tidy ship and those who don't ... or, One persons word is their  bond ... NOT . These are issues for all who enter the open marketplace.
I have had both good and not so good results with Ebay. Generally, I rate it well.
At the moment there is a 2001 Lazy Daze 26.5 ft. mid-bath with 43000 miles (excellent condition) being auctioned on EBAY. This particular motorhome has been for sale on other sites such as RVtrader, and Craigslist since we began to seriously look.
Motorhome wise, there are to many variables involved versus selling a auto per say... a good indicator is what the prices are being asked for at the time... or a person's motivation to sell or to buy for that matter.. i bought my lazy daze a little over a year ago at a very very reasonable price..  and just last week sold it for 4k more than i paid for it, and did really nothing to the motorhome except enjoy it for about a year. The price i sold it for to the couple they were very happy.. as long as both parties are happy in the end .. it is a win win situation:)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 104762
OTOH, the seller's feedback shows that she purchased a Roadtrek (Class

B) in May so if the LD has been on the market for a while, she might be
 really motivated.

Curious, I only see two feedbacks for the seller and neither  suggest purchase of Class B roadtrek  No feedback in May for this seller... could we looking at different LDs? I too think price might have been posted high in earlier attempts at sale. Do you feel fair market value can be achieved, or do you think price by online auction is always lower? I have no experience with selling motor homes but with some items sold on ebay, prices are better than achieved with a classified approach.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 104764
she wants about 39k for the rig
And with 9 days remaining, she's nearly a third of the way there.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 104766
"Do you feel fair market value can be achieved, or do you think price by online auction is always lower?"
 The market value of an item is what it sells for. "Fair" doesn't enter into it.
 If you want to get a feeling for what a given item has fetched at auction in the past, do an eBay search with "completed auctions" checked--but bear in mind that this technique works best for mass-market items (iPods, DVD titles, cameras) where there are plenty of identical items selling all the time, allowing you to gather a decent amount of data.
 Unfortunately, motorhomes--especially limited-production brands like Lazy Daze--don't come up for auction frequently enough to enable you to make generalizations about prices. Too much variation from one unit to the next, combined with too few sales, equal unreliable data.
 As a seller, you need to determine what you're willing to accept and set your reserve accordingly. As a buyer, you need to determine what you're willing to pay and bid accordingly. Yes, I know this advice is obvious--almost insultingly obvious--but you'd be amazed by how people don't follow it.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"