Skip to main content
Topic: online credit card theft & PayPal (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
online credit card theft & PayPal
Yahoo Message Number: 104541
In a message dated 8/5/2009 1:28:02 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  writes:

Take  another look at your PayPal agreement. I think you'll find that if you should  make a purchase exceeding your current PayPal balance, they will *automatically* make up the deficit by withdrawing from your designated primary funding source--in your case, your bank account
Not to beat a dead horse here, but YES, if *I* made a  purchase that could happen.  I keep my PP account funded so that doesn't  happen. Believe me....as an ex-eBay seller I have studied the PP agreements  backwards and forwards.  Also the eBay ones. That is major reason that I am  no longer selling on eBay. They sites are one in  the same and, in my view  and a lot of other ex-ebay sellers, ebay's buying out PayPal  is something that should NOT have been allowed to happen.
 HOWEVER, if some business (monkey or other)  tried to run a cc # thru paypal in my name, they would get rejected because PP no longer has any credit card info for me.  Tis the reason for removing my cc info from my PP account info.  I know this for a fact because we tried to use our cc to pay  for next weeks campgroud reservations. We didn't know the county that runs the campground uses PP to process their reservations. Our payment wouldn't go through and we had to send payment by mail.
 tired of this, should not have spoken up, but only did in case it would of help to someone.

LA in CA

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]