Skip to main content
Topic: 4 LDs seen in Carlsbad, CA (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
4 LDs seen in Carlsbad, CA
Yahoo Message Number: 103991
I was in Carlsbad state park this morning and there were 3 LDs in it.  A early 90s Blue 22 FL.  A mid 80s Blue, 22FL and another early 80s Brown 22TK.  Further down the beach, outside the park, an 82 Orange 22TK.

Add my 82FL and we have 5 LDs within 2 miles of each other!

Which begs the question:  Where are all the newer, bigger LDs?

Sam

Re: 4 LDs seen in Carlsbad, CA
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 104003
I was in Carlsbad state park this morning and there were 3 LDs in it.  A early 90s Blue 22 FL.  A mid 80s Blue, 22FL and another early 80s Brown 22TK.  Further down the beach, outside the park, an 82 Orange 22TK.

Add my 82FL and we have 5 LDs within 2 miles of each other!

Which begs the question:  Where are all the newer, bigger LDs?

Sam
Well, Sam, I think it's great that there are a bunch of "old" ones out there!!!  Won't see that with a Winnebago!!

Lisa and Blue 1990 Multi-plan, who LIKES being the oldster of the bunch!

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 104008
"I think it's great that there are a bunch of 'old' ones out there!!! Won't see that with a Winnebago!"
 Oh, I see 'em all the time... rotting away in pastures and junkyards. ;-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 104010
"I think it's great that there are a bunch of 'old' ones out there!!! Won't see that with a Winnebago!"
 Oh, I see 'em all the time... rotting away in pastures and junkyards. ;-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Actually.
 There are plenty of Winnebago's from the mid 70's out on the road still.
The mid 70's Brave is a rock solid class A and I've seen plenty of them out there still. I have a friend with one and everything still works great, the old Onan generator works great, it has copper plumbing which has never been a problem and the original fridge still works fine.

Jay :-}
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 104011
We saw four in Richfield, UT last week. A green one passed us bound for Las Vegas, we flashed out lights - no response. We stopped for fuel a mile later and there was a brown one in the same gas station.
They were from Orange County bound for Colorado. Then we saw a gray one south bound, then a gray one north bound, could have been the same one?
 That's about all the LD's we have seen. They seem to hang around the interstates, while we are in the boonies.

Cheers, Don & Dorothy
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 104025
Actually.
 There are plenty of Winnebago's from the mid 70's out on the road still.
I agree.  And not just Winnebagos, but other brands as well.  Seems to me that back then they all were better made.  Older LDs do have the advantage of the smooth outer aluminum skin.  But older LDs (and newer too) suffer a very claustrophobic (in height) overhead bed.  I wish for a taller bedroom even at the expense of 5% less gas mileage.

Sam

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 104034
I just sold my 92 Winnebago Toye and still have some regrets...didn't need that plus my MB but EVERYTHING still worked and I never had any problems with it through the years...plus great acceleration and great gas mileage...excellent for Mexico camping...but it was small (21 1/2') although the attached california room worked great with it in San Diego where i lived for many years...looked at new Winnebagos and was amazed at the poorer quality so decided on the Lazydaze even though i couldn't get a slide-out which i would've liked

bgypsylady