Skip to main content
Topic: First Timer for the group (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
First Timer for the group
Yahoo Message Number: 103949
We purchased a 1990 LD (26.5 ft) while visiting in California a couple of years ago and drove it home to NC. I checked it out as best I could before the trip and all went well. It had 23,000 miles on it when purchased and now it has 28,000. I just had to have a new AC unit installed. Other than a new battery, that is all that we have had to do to it. I recently had a a Camping World discount coupon and let them do their 45 point inspection although I was confident that I had done most of what they would do. I would like to do some exterior body repair. I am looking for information on how to best repair "corrosion bubbles" in the aluminum skin. My first thought was to clean them out and fill them in with Bondo or a similar product. I was wondering if anyone who has made these repairs has suggestions on how to best go about it.
 As a recent retiry, I plan to use the unit a lot more now. I have been reading group comments and, as stated by someone else, I am impressed with the knowledge out there.

Response will be greatly appreciated.

Jim Irvin

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]