Skip to main content
Topic: water problem (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
water problem
Yahoo Message Number: 103858
I guess my last post didn't go through as I never saw any answers and the search feature didn't find it.
 I was camping at Tower Park Marina http://www.towerparkresort.com/>on a full hookup site. I was there three days with no problems then when I turned on my water heater for 14 minutes to get the water to just the right temperature and then checked the temp at the kitchen sink and all I got from the hot side was a dribble. I tried the cold water and it worked fine. I did the same in the bathroom sink and the shower with the same result. Back in the kitchen I tried the hot again (just a dribble) swung the lever to cold (full flow) then swung the lever to hot and got full pressure. So I jumped in the shower and turned on the hot faucet (just a dribble) then turned on the cold (full pressure) then with the cold side running full turned on the hot and shut off the cold (full pressure). It worked fine for the rest of my shower. It did it again the next day. Then it never happened again…

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jerry
2000 30IB
Jerry Galang
Meridian, ID 83646

Re: water problem
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 103859
"Jerry"  wrote: Any thoughts? --
 All I can think of is that there was a block in the hot water line, e.g., a lump of mineral desposit.  You said that it happened twice, then not again, so, if there was some kind of block in the line, it apparently dissolved or broke up enough to allow the hot water to flow.  If you're hooked up to city water (or also anytime you fill the fresh water tank and use ththe onboard water pump), you're using *at least* a sediment filter at the supply faucet, right?  Maybe someone else has another idea; hope it doesn't happen again!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: water problem
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 103861
I guess my last post didn't go through as I never saw any answers and the search feature didn't find it.
 I was camping at Tower Park Marina on a full hookup site. I was there three days with no problems then when I turned on my water heater for 14 minutes to get the water to just the right temperature and then checked the temp at the kitchen sink and all I got from the hot side was a dribble. I tried the cold water and it worked fine. I did the same in the bathroom sink and the shower with the same result. Back in the kitchen I tried the hot again (just a dribble) swung the lever to cold (full flow) then swung the lever to hot and got full pressure. So I jumped in the shower and turned on the hot faucet (just a dribble) then turned on the cold (full pressure) then with the cold side running full turned on the hot and shut off the cold (full pressure). It worked fine for the rest of my shower. It did it again the next day. Then it never happened again�

Any thoughts?
Atwood water heaters may have a check valve to prevent hot water flowing back into the cold water lines.  That could be getting stuck.  The pressure change when first running the cold side may be getting it to open.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog