Skip to main content
Topic: a GMail question (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
a GMail question
Yahoo Message Number: 103806
This question is Lazy Daze related because so many of you use Gmail  .
I just switched my personal email (friends/family) to Gmail and right after I did that I have been getting messages on Gmail such as:  unable to read Gmail bla bla bla; experiencing technical difficulties bla bla bla; then: Oops-system has encountered problem #008 bla bla.  I've never had that happen before so was wondering if it was my PC or Gmail was truly having problems.  It does work most times but this is most maddening when I am in a hurry.  I will add that I did hear several weeks ago (and once last year) a loud pop sound that sounded like a close rifle shot coming from my PC.  If someone could answer me off list I would sure appreciate it.  One cannot correspond with Google apparently.

Thanks so much!

Judy Wms.

Blue '07 RB  "Dog Daze"

And all the fur kids

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: a GMail question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 103808
We've had Gmail for several years now and have not had the problems you have. Gmail does puke from time to time but not frequently to be a real problem. And I watch email all the time.

best, paul

"Thriving not surviving" - Paul Schaye (at 2008 NYC Marathon)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 103811
I just switched my personal email (friends/family) to Gmail and right after I did that I have been getting messages on Gmail such as:  unable to read Gmail bla bla bla; experiencing technical difficulties bla bla bla; then: Oops-system has encountered problem #008 bla bla.

Are you trying to read your emails at the website, or are you downloading them using Outlook Express or some other email client?
 I rarely go to the website to read email (only to occasionally check to see what might be in the Spam folder), but have never encountered the problems you are having when I do.

Linda Hylton http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com/
Linda Hylton

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 103821
Judy,

Been using Gmail for years now and I have only encountered your problem when I use a slow connection.  If you are using a dial-up connection, that would be why.  But it could also happen if you are using a very busy WiFi hotspot.

BTW, I love Gmail and I hate having to use anything else.

-Victor

a GMail question
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 103823
Hello,
 GMail is far and away one of the best free email services you will find.
It has been rock solid for me for nearly 4 years. I use Thunderbird as my email client, which works wonderfully. You may be having some sort of conflict with your previous email software. Make sure that is no longer in your system, re-read the installation and setup instructions for GMail, and give it another go.

Chuck 97RB Skye Central Iowa