Skip to main content
Topic: Henderson's Line Up recommendation (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Henderson's Line Up recommendation
Yahoo Message Number: 103687
We currently have about 18,000 miles on our 06 30' IB and will be passing through Grants Pass in the next few weeks.
 I was planning on stopping at Henderson's and have them check alignment, steering components and suspension. Is there anything else that I should have checked while there?

Jim

Re: Henderson's Line Up recommendation
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 103688
"Jim"  wrote:
 We currently have about 18,000 miles on our 06 30' IB and will be passing through Grants Pass in the next few weeks.
I was planning on stopping at Henderson's and have them check alignment, steering components and suspension. Is there anything else that I should have checked while there? --- Henderson's offers a "Road Performance Assessment"; this is a "15-mile-50 point" road test of your vehicle. The results of this evaluation will guide you to the needed/desired services; see the details at:

http://tinyurl.com/lcllg3

Henderson's complete service menu is listed here:
 http://hendersonslineup.com/menu-of-services/

I suggest making an appointment, and, if you plan to stay overnight and want a 30A hookup (I recall that there are 2 or 3 next to the shop), plan on arriving early in the evening before your appointment; you can check the site for their summer closing hours.
 As to your original question, additional "services" (or checks) would be the brakes, the wheel bearings, and the parking brake reservoir level. 18000 miles is early for a bearing re-pack, but if they already have the wheels off, they might go ahead and look at the grease, too. I would ask them their opinion on whether the bearing check is advisable and go with their recommendation.
 Others may offer additional suggestions; some of us are pretty good at spending other people's money!  ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Henderson's Line Up recommendation
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 103689
 I was planning on stopping at Henderson's and have them check alignment, steering components and suspension. Is there anything else that I should have checked while there?

Jim
I believe Ford calls out servicing the front & rear caliper slides at 15,000 miles. My rears were rusted at this mileage when I had our rig at Hendersons for service.

John '04 23.5FL