Skip to main content
Topic: dometic microwave issue (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
dometic microwave issue
Yahoo Message Number: 103597
Hi folks Don't know what to make of this one. Set up yesterday & the microwave lights did not come on (clock, buttons, etc.). Checked the fuse, etc.
The microwave itself worked but you couldn't see the time, functions, etc. This am. it was back to normal. Anyone have this experience or thoughts on it? It's the original Dometic on an '03 LD. thanks, Pat

Re: dometic microwave issue
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 103603
Hi folks Don't know what to make of this one. Set up yesterday & the microwave lights did not come on (clock, buttons, etc.). Checked the fuse, etc.
The microwave itself worked but you couldn't see the time, functions, etc.
Pat, Read my response in message 80905.  If your microwave is manufactured by Samsung there was a recall due to a faulty touch pad that could result in a fire.  The safest thing to do is unplug the unit and have it tested.

Malcolm 02BlueMB
2002 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 103613
Is there some way of determining the original manufacturer? All it says is Dometic.
I'll try & call tomorrow. Sprint's not working

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 103614
"Is there some way of determining the original manufacturer?"
 Open the door and look at the Dometic sticker inside with model number, serial number, power consumption, etc.
 At the bottom of my 2003 microwave oven's sticker, it says "Made by LG Electronics." (That's the company formerly known as Lucky Gold Star, a Korean brand.) Yours may be different.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"