Skip to main content
Topic: Used LD buying/selling prices 2005 Mid-Bath sold this year for 56K (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Used LD buying/selling prices 2005 Mid-Bath sold this year for 56K
Yahoo Message Number: 103329
I need to know what "LOTS OF OPTIONS" mean in a posted 2005 MID-BATH LAZY DAZE that sold for 56K. I want to buy a lazy daze and want to ask for a fair price on one that is the same year. However, I need to know what the "Lots of options" were. I know some Lazy Daze have Banks system, Levelers, Solar, etc... Very expensive items on a rig which will raise the price of a lazy daze. Thanks for your reply

Re: Used LD buying/selling prices 2005 Mid-Bath sold this year for 5
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 103334
I think your best starting point is NADA. At least there various options are accounted for in their estimate of selling prices.  And it's an independent source.  You might be surprised at how little expensive options add to the selling price. Try an estimate with and without a generator, for example.

For a 1997 Lazy Daze I purchased this is the estimate without a generator: $15346-$18545 and $16001-$19335 with a generator.
 The lower NADA number is for Low Retail and the higher number is for Average Retail. We bought the 1997 Rear Bath for $17,000, or $1545 below the average retail (it does not have a generator).  Based on deficiencies we discovered after purchase, we paid $1,800 too much.
 Once you get the NADA estimates, I think you are still faced with what the market is in a recession. I'm not convinced the NADA estimates properly account for the effect of the recession on RV selling prices.

Good luck in your quest.

best, paul

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 103335
Paul,
 I think a more reasonable approach is to add 1/2 the cost of the expensive options to the "base price". This doesn't account for labor to install those options, which can be substantial. Actual asking and selling price might be a bit more than 1/2 MSRP. It depends on the perceived value of the options is to the buyer.
 One thing for sure, you probably shouldn't count on getting all your money out of expensive options. AND, for buyers of an LD so equipped, if it has the options you want, then it's possible to realize a substantial savings over buying an LD and then adding the options later.

bumper Yonder (with "lots of expensive options")
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 103353

I need to know what "LOTS OF OPTIONS" mean in a posted 2005 MID-BATH LAZY DAZE that sold for 56K.

Okay, since nobody answered what "Lots of Options" means, I'll give it a try (g).
 In order of decreasing expense. Price estimates do not include installation (which could be substantial, but I did the work myself so don't have figures).
 Solar panels: Depends on how big an array, of course, but figure panels will cost about $5 or a bit more per watt. The 400 watt system on Yonder cost about $3500 after all the little bits (heavy cable, fuse, mounts, etc)
 Inverter, whole house: A pure sine wave inverter like the Prosine 2000 (2000 watts) and includes a 3 stage 100+ amp battery charger. Minimum of $1200 + (Camping World was selling them for $1850) installation hardware and wire, add a few hundered if installing a 110 sub panel.
 Hydraulic levelers: HWH "kick up" with automatic leveling option, about $3500.

Extra battery bank: $500 - $800

Electronics to monitor battery banks: (Link 10 or equivelent) $200

Cell phone wireless amp: $300

LED taillights w/ 3rd brake light: Priceless!

bumper Yonder Minden, NV
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 103356
Bumper,
 I agree completely with your opinion of the effect on the price of LD's due to add-on's.  Once when I was young and eager, I collected data for a couple of years on the asking prices for Stinson aircraft from Trade-a-Plane and did a multi-parameter analysis to find the effect of extras such as radios, low engine time, recent re-cover, etc.
 In agreement with what you say, my conclusion at the time was that the pay-back on options was in their use, not their effect on the sales price.  The best buy seemed to be to buy with low engine time and lots of options.

Barry Where are we?  http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=122