Skip to main content
Topic: Question for Dish Sat owners (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Question for Dish Sat owners
Yahoo Message Number: 103259
I have an 06 island bed with a non digital Jensen TV. I have purchased a DTV Pal DVR which is a combination digital converter box and digital video recorder. This is made by Dish corp and it is my understanding that the remotes are similar to that of their sat receiver.
 I have been trying to program the Dish remote to  operate the Jensen TV.
None of the listed codes in the manual work and I have been unsuccessful when trying to use the scan function.
 I am assuming that it has something to do with this being a 12v TV but was wondering if anyone here had programmed their Dish remote for the sat to operate a similar Jensen TV and if so what code number did you use?

Jim

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Question for Dish Sat owners
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 103268
My system uses two different types of signals. My television receives and reads infra red and my box uses UHF. My remote is capable of doing both, however not at the same time except for volume control on the television.. My remote has buttons labeled Sat, TV, DVD, AUX, etc., depending on the device that I wish to control or set up on the remote I must first push the appropriate button to control that device.
Bill

__