Skip to main content
Topic: more confusion about tires!... (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
more confusion about tires!...
Yahoo Message Number: 103126
Went onto the Michelin website specifically for RVs...it recommended the XPS Rib as the only one being the correct size.
 Checked out Discount Tires website who did not show that tire but 3 others in the correct size.
 So called Michelin to see what the discrepency was about. I was told the XPS Rib would be much too heavy for an RV & this person recommended the LTX M/S which was one of the three on the Discount Tire site & is E rated.
 No real answer to my comment that it seemed strange Michelin would have a RV website that didn't include the other tires suitable for an RV.
 Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should get the LTX M/S or try to get more info on the XPS Rib? I am confused!

Pat

Re: more confusion about tires!...
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 103128

Does anyone have any thoughts on whether I should get the LTX M/S or try to get more info on the XPS Rib? I am confused!

Pat

Dear Pat,

I think you are over thinking your tire choice.  The factory has been putting on Michelin LTX M/S tires for years without any significant problems.  Many here on this forum have this tire, myself included, and are happy.  I just put six of these on my rig.  I would only recommend that you check the dates and get the newest tire available and not old stock.

Gary

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 103130
wrote:

The factory has been putting on Michelin LTX M/S tires for years without any significant problems.
---

The Michelin LTX M/S tire is a good tire, but, AFAIK, the tires are OEM for the Ford E450 chassis; the factory doesn't put them on aftermarket.
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 103131
Went onto the Michelin website specifically for RVs...it recommended the XPS Rib as the only one being the correct size.
 Checked out Discount Tires website who did not show that tire but 3 others in the correct size.
 So called Michelin to see what the discrepency was about. I was told the XPS Rib would be much too heavy for an RV & this person recommended the LTX M/S which was one of the three on the Discount Tire site & is E rated.
 No real answer to my comment that it seemed strange Michelin would have a RV website that didn't include the other tires suitable for an RV.

Pat
Pat,
 I think Michelin promotes the XPS RIB for class A RV's. A Michelin tech recommended the LTX M/S, which is what came OEM on my '04 and I just replaced six of them with the M/S. I'm happy with that tire as I got 50,000 trouble free miles in five years and expect the same with my new set.

Paul

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 103134
"The Michelin LTX M/S tire is a good tire, but, AFAIK, the tires are OEM for the Ford E450 chassis; the factory doesn't   put them on aftermarket."
And the "MS" doesn't take them off either, which would lead me to believe that the LTX M/S are acceptable.  I also have them and have had no problems, handling, ride, or wear.

Slammy5150/Paul "MERVN" 06-30' IB So. Cal

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 103135
I do tend to overthink these things & have decided to go with the LTX M/S. I tried calling the factory to see what they put on the new LDs and the line was busy BUT, as usual, you folks have cleared up the confusion & set me on the right path!!

thanks to you all, Pat

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 103145
I do tend to overthink these things & have decided to go with the LTX M/S. I tried calling the factory to see what they put on the new LDs and the line was busy BUT, as usual, you folks have cleared up the confusion & set me on the right path!!

thanks to you all, Pat /
I EMAILED Lazydaze recently about which tires are OEM on 2009 E450s. LD said LTX M&S.
2013 31' IB