Skip to main content
Topic: LD wannabe to a hopeful gonnabe (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
LD wannabe to a hopeful gonnabe
Yahoo Message Number: 102933
Well folks -
 The last few days have been a whirlwind for us - more so for me because I have an unbelievabe situation going on at work.  There is an experience I just have to share with y'all.  We went to a local credit union that I am a part of.  We were unable to go to my regular branch - work has a way of getting in the way of what I want and need to do - so we went to a branch in a different part of the city when I was able to 'slip' out of work for a short time.  I asked to speak with someone in the loan department and had a relatively short wait in the lobby area.  A woman came out from behind her desk and I could just tell she was the one who we were going to do business with.  I got right to the point and told her exactly what we wanted.  She seemed pleasant and all ready for business.  At one point she half asks and half says - well, we need to pull up the values - I think that's on NADA.  *hmmm, I think to myself* Then she suddenly blurts out (in the most dramatic Valley Girl voice) there's a picture of an RV so they must have RV listings! *now I'm thinking OMG!*  I'm one of those people who give others the benefit of the doubt and for a split second I thought she seriously was kidding.  I could see she wasn't.  Then she says are you looking for a truck camper or travel trailer?  I said 'It's class C, a Lazy Daze - it's under the motorhome classification'.  Then she goes 'what's a class C?'  I couldn't take it anymore and said "ma'am - may I speak with someone who has experience with RV loans?"  She says no one does.  I did a double take and said - no one?  She then corrects herself and says 'well, it's very rare to have an RV loan'.  I said 'I'm sorry, I can't do business with you' and got up and she got offended that we stood up! We turned and walked out because I could not handle that woman one second longer!
 Wow was all I could think - of course, we went to our regular branch the next day and dealt with an absolutely much more professional person and someone who knows what they are talking about.
 Oy!  Two other institutions - one only uses trade in values and one does not add on any features!?  Only the base price of the rig.  What a wild difference between these institutions!

Kari