Skip to main content
Topic: RV Gas Mileage (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
RV Gas Mileage
Yahoo Message Number: 102803
RV gas mileage: lousy.
RV depreciation: horrific RV Industry Association claims that RVing is an economical form of recreational travel: outrageously ridiculous Experiencing our beautiful America, especially the Great American West, without one eye on the gas gauge and one hand on the spreadsheet: PRICELESS!

Happy June, everyone. Summer's almost here!

Flame on....

Paul NE 50

The Great American West
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 102808
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:13:33 -0000, "Paul Wood" wrote:

Experiencing our beautiful America, especially the Great American West, without one eye on the gas gauge and one hand on the spreadsheet: PRICELESS!
We love the west. Being from Alabama, it is totally different and a real treat for our southern eyes.

We have been on Cedar Mesa for two weeks. (west of Blanding, UT) We have hiked canyons and gotten up early to watch the sun rise.
Miles driven in KoKo the last two weeks: 60 into Blanding and back and 30 down to Muley Point. Today we are going to drive an hour north to the Colorado River and put the yaks in. Life in the slow lane is fun for us.
 We will be in Utah until around the first of October. We plan to drift west to Cap Reef later this week. Wave if you see us. We always like to meet others in the cult.

Pictures from Muley Point are in our Blog.

Don & Dorothy An MB named Koko & a Jeep named Pelli
 Our Travel Blog: http://travelingdorothy.blogspot.com/ Our Mods Blog http://kokoandpelli.blogspot.com/

Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Re: RV Gas Mileage
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 102824
I agree with you on gas mileage and on the claim that RVing is economical.
 Depreciation is another story though.  If you bought a well used, well kept motorhome, depreciation is low to non existent.  Mine is an 82 Front Lounge, bought 6 month ago.  I am relatively confident that as long as I keep it up

Re: The Great American West
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 102825
We have been on Cedar Mesa for two weeks. (west of Blanding, UT) We have hiked canyons and gotten up early to watch the sun rise.
Miles driven in KoKo the last two weeks: 60 into Blanding and back and 30 down to Muley Point. Today we are going to drive an hour north to the Colorado River and put the yaks in. Life in the slow lane is fun for us.
 We will be in Utah until around the first of October. We plan to drift west to Cap Reef later this week. Wave if you see us. We always like to meet others in the cult.
Damn! You sure know how to make me jealous!
 Southern Utah (especially around Blanding) is one of our favorite areas to explore.  The San Rafael Swell area in central Utah also has miles of back roads to explore.  Hope you are planning on moving to higher elevations for the summer.  The lower parts of southern Utah get too warm for our liking.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Re: The Great American West
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 102827
If you are a little adventurous and up for the hike, there's a great day-hike of ~5 miles round-trip at Capitol Reef from Halls Overlook to Brimhall Bridge.  Brimhall is a natural double-bridge, the picture here doesn't do it justice.
 http://www.nps.gov/archive/care/brimhall.htm

Depending on water levels in Halls Creek, getting there may require up to chest-deep wading in a cold creek, but it's not bad and refreshing on a hot day.  I spent a week backpacking in Capitol Reef ~15yrs ago over Spring Break, had a great trip.

Cheers, Adam

Re: RV Gas Mileage
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 102828
RV depreciation: horrific
Depreciation is only a factor if you want to sell. Who here EVER intends to sell their LD  :)

-Dave '06 MB, Indianapolis