Skip to main content
Topic: dometic change out to norcold (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
dometic change out to norcold
Yahoo Message Number: 102715
i finally found me a norcold n641  to swap for the dometis that went on the blink.  has anyone changed over to a norcold in place of a dometic in a 26.5 rear bath? not that i look at it... i might have a bit of trimming to do..  almost 4 inches in the height... this almost puts it in line with the drawer underneath the fridge..  looks like i will have to take out the support board and move it down a few inches.. anyone done this yet?

Re: dometic change out to norcold
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 102716
"i finally found me a norcold n641  to swap for the dometis that went on the blink.  has anyone changed over to a norcold in place of a dometic in a 26.5 rear bath? not that i look at it... i might have a bit of trimming to do..  almost 4 inches in the height... this almost puts it in line with the drawer underneath the fridge..  looks like i will have to take out the support board and move it down a few inches.. anyone done this yet?"
Who are you?  Who, who, who, who?  Might try a thread on Norcold vs Dometic at message 94347.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: dometic change out to norcold
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 102728
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, May 29, 2009 2:34 PM
 Subject: [LD] dometic change out to norcold

i finally found me a norcold n641 to swap for the dometis that went on the blink. has anyone changed over to a norcold in place of a dometic in a 26.5 rear bath? not that i look at it... i might have a bit of trimming to do.. almost 4 inches in the height... this almost puts it in line with the drawer underneath the fridge.. looks like i will have to take out the support board and move it down a few inches.. anyone done this yet?

Dear ro9beam,
 With humble apologies for appearing to be picky . . . No, not aware of anyone who's made that change, but I know they have. If my Dometic doesn't break down before it sets fire to my LD MB, I will probably get a Norcold.
Good call on your part.

Oh, the picky part . . . most find it easier to read sentences with traditional capitalization of the first word of the sentence and the word "I" etc.

All the best,

Bumper (with a capital "B" this time only)
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer