Skip to main content
Topic: A way to find previous owners of RV's (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
A way to find previous owners of RV's
Yahoo Message Number: 102658
Hi Kari,
 There are several companies on the internet that will check into previous owners of vehicles for potential buyers... One that I know of is Abika.com. This service is used by a lot of classic and antique car owners and collectors who want to search the history of their old cars... Armed with this information, you can lookup the old owners on the internet or do reverse lookups on the address given and then contact the the previous owners and ask them about the unit you want to buy or already own.
 I wonder if the LD factory will offer you info on the original owners of LD RV's??? I know their name is on a plaque by our front door to our LD...

Hope this is of some help to you...

Ed Klaus
  Re: on the verge of buying....
 Posted by: "greystreak32"    greystreak32 Wed May 27, 2009 3:49 am (PDT)

THanks Andy and Larry -
 There are very few records...like two. When we asked for more info about this the owner stated they she bought it in '06...there were possible two or three owners before her. I'm really leery without the records. I know that when vehicles exchange hands there is a risk of losing paperwork. This feels like a gigantic risk to take.
 We are going to take it to a mechanic and have it checked out as well as weighed to determine the unloaded weight since I don't know how accurate the manufacturer specs are since there have been modifications over the years.
 I greatly appreciate everything everyone is sharing though - it's very helpful!

Kari