Skip to main content
Topic: Factory recommends resealing of LD aluminum Roof seams every 10 year (Read 13 times) previous topic - next topic
Factory recommends resealing of LD aluminum Roof seams every 10 year
Yahoo Message Number: 102657
Lynn,
 I just spoke to LD Mother Ship and discovered that they recommend a total stripping of seams on the aluminum roof and resealing of same every 10 years. They can do it at the factory for you for a price of $1,200 to $1,600 depending on the size of your unit. Prior to this conversation, I didn't know that was recommended. They really do make a fantastic product and genuinely care about all their customers, both original buyers and 2nd, 3rd, etc, owners.

Just wanted to let everyone know...
 My thanks to all for the response on my question regarding the installing of glass mosaic tile behind the bath and kitchen sink areas on the vinyl wallboard... I will be posting pics and details of this project when completed.

Ed Klaus, Apple user
 I find an unusual number of LD owners seem to prefer Apple computers. It would be interesting to do a survey someday...

Re: Factory recommends resealing of LD aluminum Roof seams every 10
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 102671
"I just spoke to LD Mother Ship and discovered that they recommend a total stripping of seams on the aluminum roof and resealing of same every 10 years."
 Most of us feel that the factory's advice is outmoded, because they ignore the permanent sealing provided by Eternabond tape. If after the first ten years you cover all the seams with 4" Eternabond, you won't have to strip anything... and you'll never have to do this job again, because properly applied Eternabond truly is eternal.
 Now, if you ask Lazy Daze, they'll tell you not to use Eternabond because (they say) it's hard to get off when you need to reseal. We have yet to make them understand that once you seal with Eternabond, you'll NEVER need to reseal! If all these roofs had been sealed with Eternabond at the factory, we'd all be a lot better off.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"