Skip to main content
Topic: 1997 Rear Bath Dump (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
1997 Rear Bath Dump
Yahoo Message Number: 102609
Our new to us 1997 RB offers two connections to dump.  Which one is for Black Water and which for Gray Water? I'd guess the rearmost connection is for Black. Did I guess correct?  (We're still in our Foretravel, 600 miles North of our LD until June 2.)
 Not having done it yet, it appears you dump by attaching the dump hose/pipe/etc, remove the cap, and then opening the valve by turning something (I only have a brief recollection of the valve detail).
 Any special thoughts on dumping with two connections?  Make a two headed Hydra? :o)

best, paul

Re: 1997 Rear Bath Dump
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 102616
"it appears you dump by attaching the dump hose/pipe/etc, remove the cap, and then opening the valve by turning something"
 It's a gate valve, so you'll the T-handle straight to one side to open it.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: 1997 Rear Bath Dump
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 102621
Our new to us 1997 RB offers two connections to dump.  Which one is for Black Water and which for Gray Water? I'd guess the rearmost connection is for Black. Did I guess correct?  (We're still in our Foretravel, 600 miles North of our LD until June 2.)
 Not having done it yet, it appears you dump by attaching the dump hose/pipe/etc, remove the cap, and then opening the valve by turning something (I only have a brief recollection of the valve detail).
 Any special thoughts on dumping with two connections?  Make a two headed Hydra? :o)

best, paul
We also have a 1997 RB and have put more than 135,000 miles of happy travel on the machine.  You are correct, the rear connection is the Black Water and the one just ahead of it is the Gray Water.  The valves are "gate valves" and to open them you just pull the T-handle straight-out.  Regarding a dump procedure, just dump the Black Water first, close the valve, and then move the hose to the Gray Water outlet.  The process is simple and dumping the Gray Water second helps to clean-out the hose.

Regards, Djaugh

1997 Rear Bath Dump
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 102624
You are correct in your assumption on the position of the black and grey tanks. Black next to the rear bumper. Dump the black first, its only 10 gallon max, then the grey water tank. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to dump in less than 5 minutes.

Chuck 97RB Skye Iowa

1997 Rear Bath Dump
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 102631
Paul, on my 2008 MB, the grey is distinguished from the black by a garden hose connection on the front of the Grey cap.
My dumping procedure is:
1) Make sure both sliding handles (alongside the caps, the "T"  handles) are closed (as close to the caps as possible).
2) Remove the caps.
3) Attach the 3" waste hose to the place where the black water cap  was.  Lock it in place with a partial turn.
4) Place the free hose end in the dump station opening and make sure  it is secure.  MAKE SURE!!!
5) Pull the black water valve handle to slide it away from the cap  area to open the valve.  Waste will start to flow into the drain hose.
6) When all flow has stopped, I find it good to further rinse by  flushing several times if no hose water is available, or by running a  hose into the toilet if water is available.
7) After flushing, close the black water valve.
8) Remove the waste hose from the black water connection and attach it  to the grey water connection.
9) Open the grey water valve.
 10) When flow has stopped, close the grey water valve.
11) Remove the waste hose and use rinse water at the dump site to flush the inside of the hose.
12) Use the rinse water to rinse both of the caps and cap receiver areas by the valves, as well as the outside of the waste hose and the ground by the dump area.
13) replace the waste hose, put the caps back on the valves, and off you go.
Folks, did I miss anything?  Oh yeah - wash your hands.
Ken
'08 MB

1997 Rear Bath Dump
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 102638
"You are correct in your assumption on the position of the black and grey tanks. Black next to the rear bumper. Dump the black first, its only 10 gallon max, then the grey water tank. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to dump in less than 5 minutes."

Chuck 97RB Skye Iowa
On my 02' 30', the poop shoot is larger than the grey water shoot so it's easy to tell the difference. Check the sizes on your '97.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB