Skip to main content
Topic: 15mpg with gear vendor!? (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
15mpg with gear vendor!?
Yahoo Message Number: 102503
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/rvs/1181452849.html

Quote: Extremely clean 1980 Lazy Daze on a dodge chassis with a 360 and a gear vendors overdrive. I have gotten 15 MPG with this motorhome on flat ground with no trailer and 10mpg towing a 6,000 pound trailer.
EndQuote.

Is that mileage possible?  Sounds like an exaggeration to me.

Sam

Re: 15mpg with gear vendor!?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 102513
Sam,
 I would guess it is possible, but not probable. Flat highway, no wind, no load, 40 MPH, I guess it could be done.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 102519
"Is that mileage possible?  Sounds like an exaggeration to me." Sam
 Sam, that seems awfully high to me. We have gear vendor on our '89 and the best we've averaged is about 11.5 on a flat road with the wind behind us ;-). We also have the advantage of fuel injection. I just don't see how that claim is possible.
 Karen, grounded again until our 2nd grandchild is born on Thanksgiving day - or somewhere around then!

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 102531
Quote from: Larry"

Flat highway, no wind, no load, 40 MPH, I guess it could be done.

I agree.  Those optimal conditions would be necessary to achieve that gas mileage.
 It's amazing how far people would go to get their merchandise sold.  I think it does more harm than good.  Now everything else in that ads is questionable.

Sam