Skip to main content
Topic: What Do I Do - Tires? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
What Do I Do - Tires?
Yahoo Message Number: 102420
I've decided to replace all six of the tires on my '04 26.5 MB since they have 50,000 miles and the left front may have a belt separation problem.
 According to Tire Rack the Michelin XPS RIB won't be available until July 15th and Goodyear says the G647RSS is currently not available.
 I need to have my rig state (NH) inspected by June 30 and worry that the tires may not pass, giving me ten days to correct the problem.
 I haven't started calling around yet, so a dealer may have older tires in stock, an option I would not prefer.

Appreciate any ideas!

Paul

Re: What Do I Do - Tires?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 102421
--- In lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Wood" Paul, Just a thought - could you have your spare mounted to bide you time to get what you want?  I realize it's better to replace two, etc. but just wondered if this is feasible.

Bonney
NELD 45

wrote:

I've decided to replace all six of the tires on my '04 26.5 MB since they have 50,000 miles and the left front may have a belt separation problem.
 According to Tire Rack the Michelin XPS RIB won't be available until July 15th and Goodyear says the G647RSS is currently not available.
 I need to have my rig state (NH) inspected by June 30 and worry that the tires may not pass, giving me ten days to correct the problem.
 I haven't started calling around yet, so a dealer may have older tires in stock, an option I would not prefer.

Appreciate any ideas!

Paul

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 102424
Paul, try the dealer locator below.  Might be tires are available but Tire Rack may not want build any inventory until after that date.  Many are trying to get by on minimum inventory these days.
http://www.michelinrvtires.com/michelinrv/index.jsp

Joe Hamm

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 102446

Paul, We just replaced two 647 RSA Goodyears which are no longer being made, with the replacement tire 949 RSA. Load range E. Talk with a Wingfoot dealer if one is near. We have had good service from them. Good luck. Norma

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 102451
"normataylor44"  wrote: We just replaced two 647 RSA Goodyears which are no longer being made, with the replacement tire 949 RSA. Load range E.
--- http://tinyurl.com/qowfng 
Joan
2003 TK has a new home