Skip to main content
Topic: Kitchen sink faucet problem (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Kitchen sink faucet problem
Yahoo Message Number: 102398
I don't know much about plumbing works but it's a strange problem. My faucet at the kitchen sink in the LD has no water coming out when it's turned on.
 Here's what happened. I always winterize with air, but last fall I needed some work done on the commode and hand spray that goes to the commode. I'd already winterized so the shop I took it to used RV antifreeze to test for leaks.
The other day I started de-winterizing and was startled to find the system full of antifreeze....(I'd forgotten) Anyway, I was using the fresh water tank to empty the plumbing system at first, and all the spigots worked. Then I thought it would clear out the plumbing system faster if I used the city water hook-up....which I did, with brass pressure valve in place. The first faucet I turned on was the kitchen sink and no water came out. I checked all the connections and water was entering the RV but appeared to be blocked somewhere. So I turned it off and undid the hose. Then I pushed the pressure relief valve (little white plastic job, not the brass fitting) at the city water hook-up on the RV and got forcefully sprayed in the face.  Fair amount of pressure there! I had ONLY tried the kitchen sink faucet while this was going on, so I can't say if the other faucets worked. But, when I went back to the on-board water tank and pump, all faucets worked but the kitchen sink, which still had no water.
 If anyone has any thoughts about what might of happened let me know.
 I am wondering if I just need a new kitchen faucet or if something could have gotten crimped or dislodged while the repair was being done and be stopping up the city water intake somehow.

Thanks, Boonie Jacobs   MB

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Kitchen sink faucet problem
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 102401
Bonnie,
 Unscrew the aerator (that's the chrome piece where the water normally comes out) and clean out the debris that's clogging it up.  We had something similar, but not total blockage, and that's what we did.  I think that debris originates in the bottom part of the hot water heater that cannot be drained or blown out with air.  They're minerals that precipitate out of the water or a mineral residue after water evaporates.  There's a tool for flushing the hot water heater through the drain hole that is supposed to prevent that, but I don't have one or ever used one.

Alex Rutchka, SE #4 '05 MB

Re: Kitchen sink faucet problem
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 102454

I don't know much about plumbing works but it's a strange problem. My faucet at the kitchen sink in the LD has no water coming out when it's turned on.
Getting sprayed in the face is no guarantee there is enough water pressure, just good flow. We have had strange problems in the past when using an external regulator. Our '83 has a built-in regulator in the water inlet, which may be in newer models as well. Try without the external regulator to see if that changes the picture.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit