Skip to main content
Topic: new email address from Nancy Napier (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
new email address from Nancy Napier
Yahoo Message Number: 102356
Nancy, I've deleted your post, because broadcasting your email address in public just invites spam. If you want to change the address at which you receive messages from Yahoo, you'll need to go to this group's website, click the "Edit Membership" link near the top of the page, and make your changes there.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: new email address from Nancy Napier
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 102357
Nancy, I've deleted your post, because broadcasting your email address in public just invites spam. If you want to change the address at which you receive messages from Yahoo, you'll need to go to this group's website, click the "Edit Membership" link near the top of the page, and make your changes there.

You're a good man Andy.....

Re: email address showing
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 102362
"Nancy, I've deleted your post, because broadcasting your email address in public just invites spam. If you want to change the address at which you receive messages from Yahoo, you'll need to go to this group's website, click the "Edit Membership" link near the top of the page, and make your changes there."

As as you note in the "from" line above, my entire Yahoo email address shows - at least it shows to me.  It started doing this months ago and even after several conversation with the Yahoo folks and following all the instructions in the change your identity section, it still stays there for the entire world to see.  Interestingly, I have not noticed any difference in the spam rate here; actually, I get very little on this address.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 102364
"As as you note in the "from" line above, my entire Yahoo email address shows - at least it shows to me."
 Well, I can see it, but that might be because I'm a moderator--in fact, I can see everybody's email address. Can the rest of you see Chris's email address in message #102362?

Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 102365
Hi Andy...
Yes... I have always seen email addresses of members who post... I don't post often and have benefited greatly from all of you.... I have a 2000 Front Lounge and absolutely love it...
Rob.

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 102381
Quote from: Andy Baird"

Can the rest of you see Chris's email address in message #102362?

No, I cannot see it when reading it on-line.

Dick 05 RK Ridgecrest

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 102382

Dick 05 RK Ridgecrest
All I can on the right side under his name is  No email address only name and the @ sign.

Chris

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 102384

Dick 05 RK Ridgecrest
Interesting. On line, reading single message by single message, your address looks like this:  "Dick Slater"
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 102404
Quote from: Chris Horst"

If that's the case, the moderators and myself must be the only ones who are seeing the full address - at least reading the messages via the WWW.

Chris

Apparently, that is the case.

Dick

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 102417
I get the digest, and the email attached to every message is fully visible.
I checked my other yahoogroup digests, and the same thing with them all.  I thought when yahoo first started groups the emails were coded, so they were not fully visible?

Deena (owner of SOB, but enjoy reading your posts and tips!)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 102418
the email [address) was coded, so they were not fully visible?
Speaking for myself, I am not at all concerned about my email address being seen on this forum. I have been a member of several Yahoo forums and moderator of three forums for many years and I can not trace a single spam to a Yahoo forum. There are many things to worry about. In my never humble opinion, this is not one of them.

Cheers, Don
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy