Skip to main content
Topic: Roof sealant (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Roof sealant
Yahoo Message Number: 100030
I am going to replace my bath fan with a Create-a-breeze fan. I know that LD uses OSI Quad sealant nowadays but can I use Parlastic sealant on my 1997 RB? The Parlastic looks like it is easier to find unless someone knows a good source online.

Jim & Donna 1997 RB

Re: Roof sealant
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 100036
"I know that LD uses OSI Quad sealant nowadays but can I use Parlastic sealant on my 1997 RB?"

Sure, Parlastic will work just fine. :-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 100038
I'm doing the same project with my 93 LD so far I have removed the broken bath fan and will be installing the same fantastic fan as you.
 I plan on using the Eternabond Roof Vent Installation Kit.  It comes with double stick tape and superseal and new screws.  The screws that come with the kit are about 1/2 inch shorter than what was removed on old fan, the screws I removed have 1/4 inch head.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 100039
Eternabond would be better than parlastic... Prolly find it local too.

Thanks for the good idea.

~Jim & Donna Vaughn, WA 1997 RB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 100085
I see your bath fan was still whole, when I turned mine on it shattered into a bunch of little pieces. Since the weather is not going cooperate and give me nice weather when I am not at work I need to build a cover to install bath fan and chase a water leak at A/C.

Now the forecast has snow

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 100106
Jim mine starting breaking apart and on it's way to shattering as well so decided to replace it now.
 Tell me about weather I was able to work on LD last week due to warm weather and having it inside storage.  Now it's back to being too cold I do bits and pieces as weather allows.