Skip to main content
Topic: Refrigerator replacement- windows? tips? (Read 22 times) previous topic - next topic
Refrigerator replacement- windows? tips?
Yahoo Message Number: 99974
The Nedchanic has refrigerator replacement on his TTDo list for this weekend.
 Has anyone replaced the fridge and NOT had to remove a Mid-Bath's dinette window?
 I checked Alex's chart for Dometic replacement and my old fridge's replacement is only:

49.5 x 21.75 x 24 (h x w x d)

versus Alex's 3762 replacing his 2662, both of which are sized:

53.75 x 23.688 x 24
 So my new fridge is a good 1.938 inches smaller in width than Alex's, for which they had to take off the window frame.  I'm grasping for hope here.
 Ciao's not here right now to measure the opening.  Do you think the window frame *must* be removed?
 If so, I doubt we'll tackle that.  Having to buy off the football neighbor boys with pizza just to get the heavy thing through the window is enough effort!

Please advise.

Thanks, Tessa, '92 MB

Re: Refrigerator replacement- windows? tips?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 99976
Haven't looked or measured, but wonder if going through the passenger door might work? It would be easy enough to remove the seat, I'd think.

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 99980
Thanks, Bumper, but I just measured Ciao's screen door that I have here and it is just over 20.5 which isn't going to work by over an inch. (need 21.75)
 Ciao's old and her door is smaller than the current LD's, I think. I'll bet that new Kodiak has a nice wide door...

Thanks for helping, Tessa

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 100044
Terrific news, John!  Since we have twin '92 rigs, that is the best rec I can get.
Since we have twin rigs I have an interest in what happened to your fridge. My old RM3604 3-way is serving me well and I don't look forward to its inevitable demise.

By the way, thanks again for sending the nice Welcome Wagon to us in Fairbanks, AK- that was really thoughtful!
You're welcome - Jane enjoyed greeting your entourage.

John