Skip to main content
Topic: Ciao Friends! (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Ciao Friends!
Yahoo Message Number: 99888
Hello dear friends, We are back in town after the 3-week adventure of Part III: TX - Disney - DC - TX.  We had the great fortune of having dinner with the most delightful Gary and Mary Allen in Williamsburg, from our LD list fame.  Wonderful people!
 Chock up another 4100 miles of wonderful travel and we're at 28,000 miles on this adventure.  That's 40,000 miles since buying Ciao Baby 20 months ago! (http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/47657 is Part III)
 Now we're furiously preparing for Europe- leaving in 2 weeks!  So excited!  But we're not shipping Ciao.  You know Al and Anna Kurkoski of the NW LD group?  Well, while in Oregon at the GTG in September, Al mentioned an idea:  RV Exchange!  What a brilliant idea!
 So we're exchanging rigs with a terrific Irish family.  We'll use their 2006 German Hymer 23' rig for 4 months and they'll use Ciao for 2 months from mid-June to mid-August.  How lucky are we?!    More info is in my Part IV blog if you're interested:  http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/47659  We are beyond excited.
 Speaking of exciting, that new Kodiak LD is so GORGEOUS!  I am just agog at it.  Really!  I cannot describe how much I love it.  I completely agree with Andy that it is in a whole different league.  Of course, it doesn't have wood floors, as my neighbor pointed out.  But neither did dear neighbor pay the repair bill yesterday for Ciao.
 Of course, I love my Ciao and she is now in great shape for our Irish friends.  Okay, she *will* be after the Nedchanic and I install the new refrigerator (Dometic RM 2620) and a new rooftop A/C (Carrier Air V 15k) this weekend, which I ran down to buy from PPL Motorhomes in Houston.  Ahhhh.  Ciao is a machine on which to learn.  Anyway, put me on the list because I want one of those Kodiaks!
 We'll be back July 28th - the end of our big adventure.  Jazy will be starting high school! It has been an amazing year. I am grateful for your encouragement from the very beginning- it really has been a trip of a lifetime.  Fortunately, it's not over yet!
 I've missed our daily emails and think of you guys often.  We've loved getting to meet many of you along the way. Hey, has anyone heard from Mimi and Jonna lately and can tell me how they're doing? We loved seeing them in Mexico.  Hope you're all doing well!

So much fun, so little time...

Hugs to you all, Tessa in TX Ciao Baby! '92 MB

Re: Ciao Friends!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 99889
Ugh.. don't you hate it when you press Send and then an obvious stupid mistake shows up!?  Marie Allen, not Mary.  Good grief.  Sorry, Gary! :) Tessa

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 99919
Hi Tessa,
 "So we're exchanging rigs with a terrific Irish family.  We'll use their 2006 German Hymer 23' rig for 4 months and they'll use Ciao for 2 months from mid-June to mid-August."
 What a fabulous idea too exchange RVs.  How are you handling the insurance?  Does your insurance company cover the Irish family using your rig?  I don't think that I could do that under my insurance policy.  Have a wonderful trip in Europe.  I was in Europe in September and I saw so many RVs on the road.

Monica NE 10
Monica
2017 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 99921
Yes, we have added each other to our Progressive RV insurance policy. It will likely cost $37 each for them on my policy, but it may be free- will see when my policy renews with them on it

Ciao Friends!
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 100606
We're headed out on the final leg of our adventure today.  Very excited, nervous, emotional, a wee bit panicked, and excited.  But we plan to return for more fun with you guys in a few months.

Will miss you all! Don't forget the Balloon Fiesta Yahoo group if you're interested in going.  We've got a really nice group over there planning fun things to do:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LazyDazeBalloonFiesta
 Thanks for all your help once again.  I think Ciao will be in good shape for our Irish exchange family, who will pick us up at the Dublin Airport tomorrow.

Hugs to you all!

Tessa in TX Here's our final blog:  http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/47659

Ciao Friends!
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 121188
Hey, just popping in to say- I've missed you all!  But I'm now caught up since changing my email address.  Earthlink was blocking some of my favorite emails, including our LD digest, no matter what I did.  I realized certain emails were being blocked when my neighbor showed up with her dog for me to watch for a family funeral- and I didn't have a clue.

My new email is TessaHill22 at gmail dot com (easy to remember- just my name and age.  Haha!)  If I've not responded to emails, it's likely the Earthlink blocked it, so please try again!

Just returned from Spring Break in Natchez, MS in Ciao Baby, the awesome rig!  She's an experiment in pouring money in for repairs, but there's not much depreciation at this point.  Next year she'll be 20!  Wow!

I'm so happy to catch up with everyone - and looking forward to Balloon Fiesta in October- I'll search archives for details unless someone wants to share again.

(p.s.  "Yeah!" to Mari for supporting Love without Boundaries, special "Hey!" to Harvey in Toronto, and "Yeah!" to Charlie and Marti for getting their new rig next week!)

Happy travels and hugs to you all,

Tez in TX

'92 MB- Ciao Baby!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]