Skip to main content
Topic: Parking Lot Vacation with our 1992 26.5' (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Parking Lot Vacation with our 1992 26.5'
Yahoo Message Number: 99370
We just could not get all four schedules to mesh in December, so in January, because we needed to put propane in the Lazy Daze, we decided to drive it on to work.  We did and invited our camping buddies (who live & work in the same town) to come have drinks & snacks after work.
We sat in the parking lot for 3 hours with wine, beer & food and had a ball!  We said next time we can't get timing right for a weekend, we'll do THEIR camper in the Wal-Mart lot!!!   :)
 In February, we took my 94 year old mother to a spot on the Straight of Juan de Fuca where she could see the water from the comfort of the couch in our back "sunroom" and we grilled hamburgers on the water for her birthday.  Two other friends went with us & it was a "party".

What have others done, I wonder ...

Carolyn & Robert

Re: Parking Lot Vacation with our 1992 26.5'
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 99375
Great Story Carolyn, wish I'd been there! There's just endless ways to have fun in your LD. One of my favorite stories is the time I parked on a deserted beach at Caballo Lake in NM. No one there when I went to sleep in the top bunk. About 6 am I heard loud 'whooshing' sounds and peeked out the window. I couldn't believe I was surrounded by hot air baloons getting ready to launch.
This beach was their meeting place, and they just worked around my Rv. I made some coffee and went outside to watch, I couldn't have planned it any better. Mari

live & work in the same town) to come have drinks & snacks after
work.

We sat in the parking lot for 3 hours with wine, beer & food and
had a

ball!  We said next time we can't get timing right for a weekend,
we'll

do THEIR camper in the Wal-Mart lot!!!   :)

In February, we took my 94 year old mother to a spot on the
Straight of

Juan de Fuca where she could see the water from the comfort of the couch in our back "sunroom" and we grilled hamburgers on the water for

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 99409
One of the greatest joys of owning our 02 LD is the ability to take it to all different kinds of places on a moments notice and with little preparation. We used to own a 30' fifthwheel and literally never took it out around home. Now it's easy to take a mini vacation in an afternoon or an overnighter either alone or with friends. Like you we have enjoyed some great getaways in parking lots!

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 99413
we  have enjoyed some great getaways in parking lots!
Spotted an LD don't stop by here much anymore, but had to add that there was a LD pulling into the Wal Mart in Wenatchee, WA (with a Calif. license plate) on Sunday (15th) - made me long to hit the road again safe travels to all