Skip to main content
Topic: 1994 30 foot for sale in San Jacinto, CA (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
1994 30 foot for sale in San Jacinto, CA
Yahoo Message Number: 99327
Please pardon me if this coach has already been discussed.  I am looking at it on ebay...
Item Number:  260360084723
 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Vehicles-Trailers_RVs- Campers__1994-Lazy-Daze-Class-C- NR_W0QQitemZ260360084723QQddnZOtherQ20VehiclesQ20Q26Q20TrailersQQadiZ27 99QQddiZ2828QQadnZRVsQ20Q26Q20CampersQQcmdZViewItemQQptZRVs_Campers? hash=item260360084723&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C39%3A1% 7C240%3A1318

Anyone have any info on it?  Is 99K too much mileage?

Thanks

Sandra
www. KingP234.com

Re: 1994 30 foot for sale in San Jacinto, CA
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 99333
"Anyone have any info on it?"
 It appears to be a 30.5' Twin Bed model, not much different in layout from the current 31' TB (see floorplan on the Lazy Daze company website). According to our "LD models over the years" document, here are the specs:
 30.5' model, Chevrolet GP30 Motorhome chassis, GVWR: 14,500 lbs, 454 c.i. (7.5 liter) V8 engine w/ electronic fuel injection, 4-speed GM 4L80E transmission.
 Note the 14,500 lb. gross vehicle weight rating. This heavy-duty 1994 Chevy chassis had the same rating as the latest upgraded 2008/2009 Ford chassis, so its cargo carrying capacity (CCC) should be similar: around 2,000 pounds. Another way of putting it: unless I'm mistaken, this coach had 500 pounds more CCC than the more common LD thirty-footers built on the Ford E450 chassis from 1997 through 2007.
That's a big plus.

"Is 99K too much mileage?"
 Not necessarily; what's more important is how regularly it's been used and how well it's been cared for. On our website, see Files > Buying & Selling > "How do I shop for a used LD?" for tips on checking out a used coach; also see "Buying a Lazy Daze on eBay" in the same folder.

At the current $6,600 bid, it would be a bargain... but with almost two days to go, there's no telling how high the price could go in the final minutes of the auction. And with a rig this old, I'd want to have a mechanic inspect it before committing myself.
 If I were considering bidding on this coach, I'd be asking the seller some questions:

1. Can I make the sale contingent on inspection by a mechanic of my  choice?
2. Are you the original owner?
3. Do you have all the service records?
4. When was the last time the coach was used for camping?
5. Are there any known engine, drivetrain or appliance problems?
6. Is there any evidence of leaks?
7. What are the date codes on the tires? (If the date codes are more
 than five years old, you'll need to replace the tires regardless of tread wear, and new tires will cost you upwards of $1,000 a set.)

You can probably think of more questions. Again, read that file on shopping for a used LD for tips on what to watch out for. Happy hunting!

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 99339
I would agree with Andy, at the current bid it's a bargain.  In fact I would say anything under 10K is a good deal on the rig.  From the pictures it looks like it's in really good condition.  The big block chevy motor is a great motor, and even if it is a little tired you could freshen it up relatively inexpensively.  Also, as Andy said,  age of the tires is a concern, it would be 1000.00 to replace them.  Find out if the seller has all the maintenance records, that would give you a better idea of what it might need.  at 100K, it could be ready for all new belts, plugs, replace all the fluids in the brakes, diffs, transmission etc.  Not that that would cost tons, but it would probably be another 1000.00 by the time you went through it and had everything replaced and ready to go.  But it does look like it's been maintained, there is a newer Optima battery in it, which is a good indication the PO isn't a skimper when it comes to replacing stuff.
Good luck and have fun.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 99356
Thanks Andy & Dan - I've sent along a request for answers to the questions.  We'll see how the bidding goes.

Sandra

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 99401
The rig went for $10,100. Anybody here win the auction? Anybody know whether the seller ever answered the questions Sandra posed? If so, I didn't see any evidence of it in the eBay listing.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 99406
Hey All
 I did not get a written response from the seller other than 'call my cellphone' .. I did do a CarFax on the unit and there were 'issues' with the coach.  I passed on it.

THANK YOU all for your help and guidance... I do believe you helped me 'wait for a better deal'...

Sandra