Skip to main content
Topic: Aluminum wheel advantages? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Aluminum wheel advantages?
Yahoo Message Number: 99262
Can someone please explain the *practical*, i.e., non-cosmetic, advantages of aluminum wheels on a motorhome?

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Aluminum wheel advantages?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 99263
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:36 AM
 Subject: [LD] Aluminum wheel advantages?

Can someone please explain the *practical*, i.e., non-cosmetic, advantages of aluminum wheels on a motorhome?

Joan
 As most owners will tell you, the rotational mass of a non-ferrous wheel has much less impact on the time - space continueum. This has a mitigating effect on the nano-velocity of other contigious parts and helps keep the LD's inner energy in balance. Besides, they just sound better.

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 99264
I believe that the aluminum wheels have large hand holes that allow easier access to short valve stems, precluding the need for the custom long stems (or flexible extensions).

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 99265
 Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:36 AM
 Subject: [LD] Aluminum wheel advantages?

Joan

As most owners will tell you, the rotational mass of a non-ferrous
wheel has

much less impact on the time - space continueum. This has a mitigating effect on the nano-velocity of other contigious parts and helps keep the LD's inner energy in balance. Besides, they just sound better.
Bumper,

Are aluminum wheels more effective for inner balance than a rigid following of feng shui priciples in the motorhome?

Curious minds want to know!

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 99266
Re: Aluminum Wheels
 Bumper, have you any details as far as the weight factor vs. steel? This would be interesting along with any strength statistics.
John Leach, Prescott, Az.

__ From: bumperm bumperm@...>
 Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 8:50:38 AM
 Subject: Re: [LD] Aluminum wheel advantages?

Aluminum wheel advantages?
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 99274
"As most owners will tell you, the rotational mass of a non-ferrous wheel has much less impact on the time - space >continueum. This has a mitigating effect on the nano-velocity of other contigious parts and helps keep the LD's inner >energy in balance. Besides, they just sound better."
Holy crap on a cracker!!  Me thinks that Bumper has made too many visits to the evidence locker....

"Are aluminum wheels more effective for inner balance than a rigid following of feng shui priciples in the motorhome?"
AND, he brought a friend!!!!!

Slammy5150/Paul

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 99290

Joan
Joan,

The previous owner of my '02 RK said that he replaced the original wheels with aluminum wheels to lighten up his weight; he was towing a 5,000 pound SUV. I have no idea about just how much this helped.

Jeanne