Skip to main content
Topic: 82 LD FL listed to the right (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
82 LD FL listed to the right
Yahoo Message Number: 99121
After 2 months and 4,000 miles, I notice that my LD is always listed to the right (passenger side).  The water tank is underneath the couch on the passenger side.  I have no generator.  I don't carry anything heavy beside water.
 With no water (empty), the passenger side is 3/4 in lower both in front and rear.  With full water, it's 1 inch.
 Is this normal?  I have no complain about the suspension, both front and rear?

Thanks,

Sam
 BTW, gas mileage has improved "significantly".  Last time I reported was at about 1,000 mile mark, and it was 8.0x mpg.  Now with 4,000 mile, the cumulative average is 9.0x mpg.  I did not do anything to the engine.  I did not change my driving habit.  My guess was that the vehicle was not used often enough by the previous owner.

Re: 82 LD FL listed to the right
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 100670
An update:
 I had no idea what to do fix the problem, so I decided to sleep on it and moved on to other things.  Last week I finished building the large compartment on the left side, underneath the floor, and installed 3 group 27 battery.  This morning, I noticed that my LD is no longer leaning to the right.  Out come the tape measure.  The passenger side is now only 1/4 inch lower than the driver side, with full water!
 One stone, two birds, I'm happy.  I'm relatively confident that adding one more battery will have the rig completely leveled.

Sam