Skip to main content
Topic: LD Sighting in Arlington, VA (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
LD Sighting in Arlington, VA
Yahoo Message Number: 98943
Wow!
 Three years after deciding I wanted to buy an LD upon retiring (this year I hope!) I FINALLY saw an LD.

I was driving home from work near our nation's capital and took a different road than usual. And as I drove down a residential street, BAM! There it was, backed into a driveway. I swerved as I ground to a halt just down the street, parked and jumped out and ran back to see it.

It appeared to me to be a 26.5 mid-bath judging from pictures I've seen - it had the big windows in back, but I'm not sure if other models might also have that. The weather here has been bad lately and most of the cars, like mine, are dirty with the after-effect of snow and ice, but the LD looked pristine and so beautiful! It was even green, my preferred color!

When I first got interested in buying, I narrowed my choice between the LD and Born Free. I saw a Born Free about a year ago at a campground and thought it looked nicer than the pictures I've seen of LDs (on the outside, at least) because of its curves and more modern look, although I still preferred the LD in its totality. But after FINALLY seeing an LD in the flesh and up close, I've reversed my opinion. The LD was luminous and sparkled! It had a presence I don't think the Born Free matched (or at least the one I saw), although I do think it was impressive looking.

I won't divulge the street out of respect for the privacy of the owner, but if the owner is reading this post and has any inclination on showing off this proud beauty to an admirer and future owner, please let me know!
 Now if only I can make it through another few months now that I know what I'm missing!

Doyle

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 98970
Hi, Doyle,

I believe I know the LD that you spotted in Arlington.  Back in late 2001, the owners were kind enough to respond to our post on this group asking if anyone had an LD in the DC area, and invited us over to take a look at it inside and out.  Very nice folks.   I've forwarded your post to them, as I haven't seen them on the group for several years now.  If I have their correct email, perhaps they'll respond to either me or you.   There are also some folks over in Annapolis with one, and there's a 30' down in Accoceek MD.

Hope you're soon able to step inside one and see how beautiful the interior is, as well as the outside.

Cheers,

Ted H.

'02 FL  NE-12

@ NAS Jacksonville, FL

www.wxtoad.com

The following message automatically appended:

PLEASE !  PLEASE !  PLEASE !
 For security reasons, please do NOT include us on any mass distribution lists.
Our email address is for friends and family only; we do not want it passed on to strangers.  Please ensure that it goes no further than you.    Thank you VERY much.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 98994
Thanks for the information Ted!

To all reader of this post, Ted was kind enough to contact me personally and let me know he had sent an email to the owners of the LD I saw

Re: LD Sighting in Arlington, VA
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 98995
Ron,

Thank you!
 Please let know when would be a good time. I work during the day, so weekends are best for me, but I will come whenever it is convenient for you. You can contact me offline if you wish at doyle.cook at lycos dot com.

Regards,

Doyle