Skip to main content
Topic: 32 Foot Kodiak Lazy Daze (Read 21 times) previous topic - next topic
32 Foot Kodiak Lazy Daze
Yahoo Message Number: 98444
photo is now on the "Factory" web site and so are the 2009 Specs, options, and price list.

Terry Tanner

Re: 32 Foot Kodiak Lazy Daze
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 98446
"photo is now on the "Factory" web site and so are the 2009 Specs, options, and price list."

Terry Tanner
According to the specs, gray is no longer an exterior accent color option even tho a gray 24' is shown in the photo gallery.
 Judging by the window placement, the interior layout of the Kodiak will look much like the current 31'. Anyone seen inside yet?

Thanks for the heads up, Terry.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Re: 2009 spec sheet
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 98448
Can anybody explain how the CCC of the 31' models magically increased from about 850 pounds in 2008 to 2,013 (!) pounds in 2009... despite the fact that the GVWR, EW, UVW, WWV and total number of designated sleeping positions remained exactly the same from last year to this?
 In fact, *all* the 2009 coaches' CCC numbers appear to be 1,000-1,500 pounds higher than last year's. What'd they do, tie helium balloons to the roofs? ;-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 98449

"photo is now on the "Factory" web site and so are the 2009
Specs,

options, and price list."

Terry Tanner

"According to the specs, gray is no longer an exterior accent color option even tho a gray 24' is shown in the photo gallery.

Judging by the window placement, the interior layout of the Kodiak
will look much like the current 31'. Anyone seen inside yet?

Thanks for the heads up, Terry."

Chris
PS:  How about a guessing game on the price of the Kodiak.  I'll start with $139,000 base price before options (whatever they may be).  If someone actually knows, go ahead and fess up and spoil our fun.

Chris

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 98450
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 00:53:30 -0000, "Chris Horst" wrote these inspiring words:

PS: How about a guessing game on the price of the Kodiak. I'll start with $139,000 base price before options (whatever they may be). If someone actually knows, go ahead and fess up and spoil our fun.
Price is Right Rules? I will bid $102,000.
I will also guess the floor model will go for less.

Cheers, Don
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 98452
In fact, *all* the 2009 coaches' CCC numbers appear to be 1,000-1,500 pounds higher than last year's. What'd they do, tie helium balloons to the roofs? ;-)
They simply started playing with the numbers like most other RV companies do.
 Previous CCC numbers were obtained by taking the GVWR and subtracting the Wet Weight of Vehicle (WWV) plus the Sleeping Capacity Weight Rating (SCWR).  This year they derive CCC by subtracting UVW from GVWR.  That means they don't factor in the weights of passengers, LP Gas or fresh water.
 I guess if your figures don't look good compared to other company partial figures you just join them in manipulating the data.  On the other hand, maybe the industry came to some agreement on defining CCC so that every motor home can leave the factory with a reasonable CCC even if it is meaningless.

Monti

Monument, CO

Re: 2009 spec sheet and CCCs
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 98453
"In fact, *all* the 2009 coaches' CCC numbers appear to be 1,000-
1,500 pounds higher than last year's. What'd they do, tie helium balloons to the roofs? ;-)

They simply started playing with the numbers like most other RV
companies do.

Previous CCC numbers were obtained by taking the GVWR and
subtracting the Wet Weight of Vehicle (WWV) plus the Sleeping Capacity Weight Rating (SCWR).  This year they derive CCC by subtracting UVW from GVWR.  That means they don't factor in the weights of passengers, LP Gas or fresh water.

I guess if your figures don't look good compared to other company
partialfigures you just join them in manipulating the data.  On the other hand, maybe the industry came to some agreement on defining CCC so that every motor home can leave the factory with a reasonable CCC even if it is meaningless."

Monti Monument, CO
Keep movin', movin', movin' The CCCs they're disapprovin' Keep them LDs movin' Rawhide!

Don't try to understand 'em Load 'em up, roll 'em out Rawhide!

Chris

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 98454
"How about a guessing game on the price of the Kodiak. I'll start with $139,000 base price before options (whatever they may be). If someone actually knows, go ahead and fess up and spoil our fun. "

Chris
 $150K, fully outfitted, is what I have heard from those `in the know'.
We will be keeping our FL for a while.

The Kodiak is aimed at full-timers wanting to downsize from larger Class As. It certainly has the cargo capacity with large storage bays.
There is no indication that LD is considering a slide.
Even if they were, it would take Steve a couple of years to design it.
 Maybe, with reduced production, Steve will have the time to update the entire model line. Rumor has it that the Factory can produce as few a 50 units a year and still stay in business.
It's good not to be heavily indebted.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 98455
$150K, fully outfitted, is what I have heard from those `in the know'.
We will be keeping our FL for a while.
OR. If you can beat a bid of $900 you can be the proud owner of a 1977, 20' model.

E-Bay 1977 LAZY DAZE 20 FOOT DODGE MOTORHOME    LOTS OF CABINET SPACE AND SIDE STORAGE  SLEEPS 4-6    RUNS AND SOUNDS GOOD  HAS AN  ONAN GENERATOR AND  ROOF AIR Item number: 260344271006

Ed

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 98456
This year they derive CCC by subtracting UVW from GVWR.  That

means they don't factor in the weights of passengers, LP Gas or fresh water.

Then the figure would be NCC, not CCC.  CCC, by definition for a motorhome includes all sleeping positions plus full fluids (fuel, propane, fresh water).

Linda Hylton http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com/
Linda Hylton

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 98463
According to the specs, gray is no longer an exterior accent color option even tho a gray 24' is shown in the photo gallery.
Hi Chris,
 I just looked at the LD site and they list silver as an exterior color choice. I would hate to think they would discontinue the most attractive exterior color!;-)

Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 98466

Hi Chris,
 I just looked at the LD site and they list silver as an exterior color choice. I would hate to think they would discontinue the most attractive exterior color!;-)

Steve K.
Here's what I see under Exterior/Interior:
 "Choice of exterior accent colors in two-tone green, brown, blue, red or silver."
 Gray must be included in the two-tone part of "silver".  If that's the case, you are right.  I, too, like silver and it would be my color of choice after red.

Chris

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 98467
On Jan 10, 2009, at 9:51 AM, Chris Horst wrote:

Gray must be included in the two-tone part of "silver".  If that's the case, you are right.  I, too, like silver and it would be my color of choice after red.
Mine is definitely SILVER to match my hair, NOT gray.  The other "tone" is CHARCOAL -- definitely NOT gray! And I think Steve K. is correct -- it most definitely is the most attractive exterior color!!!!!!!! (IMESHO!)

Lorna, Packing for Hawaii!
2003 RB

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 98468
"I think Steve K. is correct -- it most definitely is the most attractive exterior color!!!!!!!! (IMESHO!)"

Lorna

Olviously you have NEVER noticed the most popular color is BLUE, therefore the most attractive, according to popular opinion.

Have fun in th Islands and see you when you gt back.

Larry Blue 2003 23.5' FL
Larry

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 98469
I'm sorry, but you are both wrong(ha ha)...two tone brown is beautiful and it goes very well with the ponderosa pine trees around here.

Larry and Kathy Jones

the Mocha Moose 2008 24'FD
Larry in Monument, CO
2008 24' FD

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 98470
Sam,
 Have they improved the GVWR on the Sprinter to any worthwhile figure? The few owners I know are grossly overweight (their RV's, not their butts).

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #18
Yahoo Message Number: 98472
"I'm sorry, but you are both wrong(ha ha)...two tone brown is beautiful and it goes very well with the ponderosa pine trees around here."

Some like vanilla and some like chocolate.
It's all good.

Larry
Larry

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 98473
That's the truth...speaking of truth...brown was our compromise color...Kathy likes the silver/charcoal and I was leaning toward the red. Regardless, we love our LD. Back on topic...we saw the Kodiak last summer, and it's not for us, but I can sure see it being better for those who travel farther and longer.

Larry
Larry in Monument, CO
2008 24' FD

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 98476
bumper,

No, I don't believe they have.  But the last time I looked, the Sprinter GVWR is about the same as my 22' 82 Chevy G30 LD.  And I have no problem with it at all.

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 98478
"Then the figure would be NCC, not CCC.  CCC, by definition for a motorhome includes all sleeping positions plus full fluids (fuel, propane, fresh water)."

That's my understanding as well. Unless the RV Industry Association changed its definitions for 2009...? I wouldn't put it past them.

Somebody needs to call the LD factory and ask about this.

Andy Baird

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 98479

Steve K.
Suggesting Silver as the most attractive exterior color is subjective.
Synonyms: slanted, biased, prejudiced, skewed, one-sided.
I once owned a Silver and I am not so sure it is the most attractive exterior color. :

Henry)

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 98480
"the last time I looked, the Sprinter GVWR is about the same as my 22' 82 Chevy G30 LD."

Which would make it about two tons less than the current 24' Lazy Dazes. Those two tons force a number of lifestyle changes. In the Sprinter-based rigs I've seen, one consequence is minimal boondocking... because their freshwater, gray, black, propane, and fuel tanks are a small fraction of the sizes we're used to. Another, of course, is being able to carry only a bare minimum of personal belongings.
 In short, these Sprinter rigs are not well suited to extended travels, let alone fulltiming. Think "weekend camping only." Is there a market for that? Sure. But it isn't the market Lazy Daze has traditionally addressed. Any Sprinter-based coach they built would of necessity be far less capable than any of the current models.

Andy Baird

Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 98485
wrote:

Which would make it about two tons less than the current 24' Lazy Dazes.
--- The highest GVWR that I could find for the Dodge Sprinter chassis was 11030; I used Winnebago's 24' View (2009 model) as an example.
*Depending on the manufacturer of the "box" and the model produced* (usually "B" van campers), the GVWR of the Sprinter chassis used as a base could be as low as 8500 pounds.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home