Skip to main content
Topic: Ipod connection? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Ipod connection?
Yahoo Message Number: 97399
Hi Has anyone figured out how to attach their ipod to the radio speakers? I have an '03 26' MB & would love to be able to play my ipod through the speakers..especially when driving. thanks, Pat

Re: Ipod connection?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 97401
One can purchase a FM attachment that will send the signal through any "empty" FM station that you set it for. People have had mixed results with this, depending on how crowded the airwaves are in your area. There is also a very cheap way to do it if you have a tape player, there is a cassette tape thing with a wire sticking out that plugs into the iPod. Mine was $9 at Wal_Mart. They work great except for figuring out where to put the iPod so you can reach it but the cord isn't in the way. The only thing I don't like about it is that the volume settings are very different between the tape and iPod so you have to be careful when changing modes that you don't blast out your ears and speakers.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 97402
The simplest method and what I use with our 04 MB is a device called iCarPlay.  This is an FM transmitter that connects both to the iPod and a 12V car plug.  There are a variety of similar products available at Walmart, Best Buy and Circuit City

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 97404
Hi Has anyone figured out how to attach their ipod to the radio speakers? I have an '03 26' MB & would love to be able to play my ipod through the speakers..especially when driving. thanks,

Pat, I just changed out the radio for this JVC which was an easy
install once you break it free from the sealant that LD uses to secure it in.  Much better unit than that Sony and charges your IPOD as you drive. http://tinyurl.com/5tbomg Joe Hamm-2003 MB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 97406
Rose,
 Part of the problem is that the FM transmitters are very low power, *and*, LD put the FM radio antenna in a good place to pick up FM stations, though a poor place to receive that signal from the little FM transmitter (up on the roof with an aluminum barrier between it and the transmitter).

Thus, almost any weak station can block the FM transmitter.

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer