Skip to main content
Topic: refrig check light (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
refrig check light
Yahoo Message Number: 89693
The Refrig check light comes on during the night when it is 40 or so decrees or lower.  We are hooked up to AC.  Turning the switch off then on seems to take care of it till the next night.  The refrig seems to be working fine overall. We leave the unit on all the time where we park our  rig as we have an on site camping location.  I am sure the check light has come on at night when were are not there.  The unit is always cold upon arrival.  Any suggestions?  Paul and Geri 2004 RB

Re: refrig check light
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 89711
Paul, Linda and I had trouble with ours which is a Camco. Had to send it back on the warranty. New one seems to work. They are probably made in China. Have fun, john leach

Re: refrig check light
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 89727
Hi Paul, Just to be on the safe side, have a Dometic maintenance agent check out your system. You may have the circuit board going bad. My refrig worked fine, while hooked up with AC for 2 months while waiting for our next trip. Unfortunately, during our next trip the Check Light came ON. We were a day down the road before we noticed our drinks were not cold. Nothing we did to the refrig according to the manual would keep the Check Light OFF. So, we purchased a temporary Cooler, put all our refrig items it and packed it with ice. Apparently, the refrig worked fine on AC but not on Propane. Eventually, we ran across a Dometic agent. It was the board. He did not have on