Skip to main content
Topic: Recalling The Recall (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Recalling The Recall
Yahoo Message Number: 89685
Letter from Ford received today encourages owners of affected vehicles to have  Recall 08S01 performed without delay.

The former recall repair performed used a fused jumper harness containing circuit polarity that is not comparible with the vehicle.

Excerpt from recall letter Dated February 2008: "As a result, if an electrical short should occur, the fuse may not offer the intended protection and the circuit may overheat, smoke, or burn, which could cause an underhood fire.  The potential for a fire exists regardless of whether or not the engine is running."

Malcolm Blue02MB
2002 Mid Bath

Re: Recalling The Recall
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 89690
When I called my Ford Service Dept yesterday (about the original recall -05S28) , they said they have no harness to install, they are simply disconnecting the cruise control.  She said many customers are simply leaving it be until Ford gets harnesses in!!  Go figure.   /noel/

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 89691
When I called my Ford Service Dept yesterday (about the original recall -05S28) , they said they have no harness to install, they are simply disconnecting the cruise control.  She said many customers are simply leaving it be until Ford gets harnesses in!!  Go figure.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Noel, The rest of the story per recall letter:
 " If the proper Fused Harness is not available, a new mating electrical switch will instead be installed."
 The dealer indicated that they had the part in stock.  I'll report on what part they install tomorrow.

Yes, go figure.

Malcolm
2002 Mid Bath

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 89734

When I called my Ford Service Dept yesterday (about the original recall -05S28) , they said they have no harness to install, they are simply disconnecting the cruise control.  She said many customers are simply leaving it be until Ford gets harnesses in!!  Go figure.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ For anyone who cares.

The Ford dealership in Austin installed a new fused jumper harness today.

Now I feel safe.

Malcolm Blue02MB
2002 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 90041
Malcom,
 What dealer did you get to do this?  I live in ROund Rock and have had trouble finding a dealer to work on my LD.

Thanks

Terry R
23.5TK

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 90042
"Terry R"  wrote: What dealer did you get to do this?  I live in ROund Rock and have had trouble finding a dealer to work on my LD.
--- I'm nowhere near Texas, but found this reference in the "Database" section of the message board; if you're looking for service on your LD's chassis/engine, you might call them:
 http://www.shreveautomotive.net/ 
Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 90043
....What dealer did you get to do this?  I live in ROund Rock and have had trouble finding a dealer to work on my LD.
Thanks Terry R 23.5TK ....Ford dealership in Austin installed a new fused jumper harness today.

Malcolm
Terry - We live just up I-35 from you in Temple & use LoneStar RV in Harker Heights, TX on hwy 190 - they are a Ford Certified shop - we've used them on our former sob and on Starr - we are very pleased with their service and prices - If you need other RV stuff, oil/lube etc little drive, but great service - they are in database under TX

Virginia central Texas Starr & Midnight Roadie http://travelingstarr.blogspot.com/

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 90050
Joan,
 Thank you for the suggestion but Shreve can't do warrantly work and I was looking for someone that will do warranty work.

Thank you again

Terry

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 90051
"Terry R"  wrote: Shreve can't do warrantly work and I was looking for someone that will do warranty work.
--- You might try calling Ford's "Motor Home Customer Assistance Center" at
1-800-444-3311 and see if they have a suggestion for you.  Good luck!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 90052
Malcom,

What dealer did you get to do this?  I live in ROund Rock and have had trouble finding a dealer to work on my LD.

Thanks

Terry,
Lief Johnson Ford at 501 East Koenig at Airport Blvd. 706-6289.
Linda Odom, Service Advisor is very helpful.
The service entrance must be entered off of Koenig, a one way street that begins near the service entrance. Be sure to ask for directions.

Malcolm Blue02MB
2002 Mid Bath

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 90068
Virginia,

Thank you for you help once again.  The best recommendation is from someone that has used the facility.
 Since we live on the North Side of Round Rock, Harker Heights is not that far away.  Only about 40 minutes.

Thanks again

Terry R

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 90075
...live on the North Side of Round Rock, Harker Heights is not that far away.  Only about 40 minutes.

Thanks again Terry R
Your welcome Terry -
 If you use Lone Star ask for Rodney, he is just the nicest guy at the service desk & takes good care of Starr.
 What sold me on them was when took our other SOB there first time - I asked them about the genset not registering on the monitor - they called Thor Industries, got warranty approval to fix it and I had no extra cost.

If you want their # etc let me know -

Virginia central Texas Starr & Midnight Roadie http://travelingstarr.blogspot.com/

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 90081
I'm in Florida, not Texas, but here is my story. I got the letter.
Since the local Ford dealer could not service my LD MB due to space issues, I had previously taken it to a Ford Heavy truck dealership in Orlando. That is about 100 mi. round trip. I did not want to spend the gas money to make that trip for a problem not of my doing. So, I called the number in the letter. The lady who answered was extreamly friendly and helpful. She looked up the Ford dealers nearist to me. I told her about the closest dealer previously refusing to service the vehicle.
She said "Let me talk to them". "I'll call you back". Within 15 Min.
She called and told me that they could do it in the parking lot and that I did not need an appointment. The next day I drove the 10 mi to Cocoa, FL. The Dealer immeaditly assigned a mechanic and he took care of the problem right in the parking lot in about 15 min.. I'm a happy camper.

Moral of this story; Call the number in the letter.

Robbie