Skip to main content
Topic: Small World (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Small World
Yahoo Message Number: 145021
Hi All,

Today Mimi and I along with our friend Marty were at Camping World in Valencia Ca. As we were leaving we were flagged down by a fellow LD'er. He introduced himself as Bill Pratt. He and his wife Tina were from Yarmouth Maine. He said he was at the MS yesterday with his LD "Wild Thing". He said while they were there he saw another LD with Maine license plates. They drove some 3100 miles across America just to see another LD from their home state. Bill said that probably 50% of all the LDs from Maine were at the MS yesterday.

Small world, if seeing another LD from Maine at the MS in Montclair Ca. on the same day was one thing. Now if those odds weren't totally astronomically already; how about this? After Bill introduced himself and his wife saying they were from Maine. My friend Marty said he to, was from Maine. Come to find out he lived not to far from where the Pratt's live now. It's a small world, that world we live in.

Steve Darrow/Red Sky

Re: Small World
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 145036
Hi All,

There's more to this small world story.  About 3 1/2 years ago when Molly and I were first getting the LD bug, via friends' recommendations and the web, we were anxious to see one in the flesh.  I posted on this site wondering if there were any Lazy Dazers in Maine who would let us get up close and personal with their rig.  Tina responded that they indeed lived in Maine and would be happy to show off their "Wild Thing".  Being only about 3 hours away from us we soon found an opportunity to visit and smell the LD Kool-Aid in person.  So this many years later we took delivery of our 2013 27' MB in early December and have been up and down the coast of CA since, and we were back at the MS to fix a problem with our sat radio.  So there we were at the Mother Ship, side by side with the first rig we ever saw back in Yarmouth, Maine.

Happy to be an owner and no longer a wanna-be.

Harvey (or as the Brits might say "R-V") and Molly 2013 Green 27MB Paakwaak Duo