Skip to main content
Topic: New Dining Area Window (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
New Dining Area Window
Yahoo Message Number: 89501
When we purchased our used 2002 LD the only flaw was a cracked stationery window over the dining area.  I remembered someone talking on this site about getting a replacement from a glass dealer in Pomona.  We were in the area and called them.  What a pleasant company to deal with.  They accomadated our time schedule and did a great job and on top of that were very reasonable.  Thanks

Re: New Dining Area Window
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 89505
Thanks for the update.  Was this the place and was the cost similar to the folks' experiences below? Thanks, Tessa
 Date: 2006-02-19 01:17:00
 Subject: Re: where to go to replace window??
 Sender: jacksum2

...The same window broke without being hit by anything on our 2002 RB. A very strange crack curving all over the window. The factory sent me to NAGCO GLASS at 243 E. Holt Avenue in Pomona. Very nice people. They replaced the glass for $248.94 in October of 2005. The tint is apparently unusual even among RV's and NAGCO got it exactly right. My windows are not double pane but they can do both.

Good Luck, Jack & Mary>>
  Date: 2006-04-20 04:58:00
 Subject: Re: 8" Hairline crack in dinnette window of 2002 MB
 Sender: mylazydaze
 ...Wife and I attended the March FMCA Convention in Pomona this year.
We hada been driving about in our LD with a cracked rear slider window for a year or so - getting it replaced locally is a bit involved. Seems that the existing window glass gets removed with the window in place; Then the existing glass is used to trim a rectangular piece of glass to an exact fit; Then the replacement glass is sealed into place in the window; All work on ours was done from inside the LD at Nagco in about two hours at a cost of $233.
 Nagco is the mothership recommended place for a LD glass replacement and we were told it is the most economical replacement available.
The quotes for getting this work done locally here in the Seattle area for just the labor after receiving the blank from Nagco exceeded the figure Nagco charged us. Then too, Nagco's work was excellent.
 I had Nagco check to see if there was any protrusion from our window lock as that might have caused our glass cracking - They checked and said it was probably heat related as they have seen several of the "shaded both panels of the single pane safety glass" which had cracked for no apparant other reason. I don't know about that, as ours cracked on a cloudy day when I was sitting in the driver's seat, about to start the engine for an exercise run. It made a 'snap' noise that sent me to the back of the LD to see what had happened.....

Good luck with your window replacement.

Don McG 2001 LD MB >>

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 89510
I went to Nagcoglass in December '07 to have Blue's broken (break-in) rear side window replaced (25x38").  Not only did they do a wonderful job, I was able to sleep through the entire process.  Cost out the door, $249.20.  Note on the receipt, 9% bronze laminate, and a perfect match to the stationary piece that is going on 18 years old.
 This says something else about LD's...  where else can you get glass and even upholstery fabric (Butterfields) that exactly matches upteen years later??!!!

Lisa and Blue

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 89520
Thanks for the update.  Was this the place and was the cost similar to the folks' experiences below? Thanks, Tessa
 Subject: Re: where to go to replace window??
 Sender: jacksum2

...The same window broke without being hit by anything on our 2002 RB. A very strange crack curving all over the window. The factory sent me to NAGCO GLASS at 243 E. Holt Avenue in Pomona. Very nice people. They replaced the glass for $248.94 in October of 2005. The tint is apparently unusual even among RV's and NAGCO got it exactly right. My windows are not double pane but they can do both.
Tessa
It was Nagco Glass that we also used and the price was $249.16 which I felt was very reasonable.  We were told they are the only place that has the tint to match our windows and it is a laminated glass.  They did use the old window as a pattern and we were out of there in less than two hours.  He thought ours cracked because the old window had no shims in place.  It's all foreign to me.

Marilyn

Good Luck, Jack & Mary>>
  Subject: Re: 8" Hairline crack in dinnette window of 2002 MB
 Sender: mylazydaze
 ...Wife and I attended the March FMCA Convention in Pomona this year.
We hada been driving about in our LD with a cracked rear slider window for a year or so - getting it replaced locally is a bit involved. Seems that the existing window glass gets removed with the window in place; Then the existing glass is used to trim a rectangular piece of glass to an exact fit; Then the replacement glass is sealed into place in the window; All work on ours was done from inside the LD at Nagco in about two hours at a cost of $233.
 Nagco is the mothership recommended place for a LD glass replacement and we were told it is the most economical replacement available.
The quotes for getting this work done locally here in the Seattle area for just the labor after receiving the blank from Nagco exceeded the figure Nagco charged us. Then too, Nagco's work was excellent.
 I had Nagco check to see if there was any protrusion from our window lock as that might have caused our glass cracking - They checked and said it was probably heat related as they have seen several of the "shaded both panels of the single pane safety glass" which had cracked for no apparant other reason. I don't know about that, as ours cracked on a cloudy day when I was sitting in the driver's seat, about to start the engine for an exercise run. It made a 'snap' noise that sent me to the back of the LD to see what had happened.....

Good luck with your window replacement.

Don McG 2001 LD MB >>