Skip to main content
Topic: Tessa's new adventure (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Tessa's new adventure
Yahoo Message Number: 89445
Hey Tessa!!

YES!! Go for it!!  My kids and GK's remember the camping adventures best of all..  I will make my suggestions based on my daughter's military adventures..

1)  As you will probably know your itinerary, box up warm/cool  weather clothing and have them sent general delivery to your  destination(s).  That will solve storage/weight issues.  You return  or yard sale/donate on the return side.

2)  Home school books can be sent the same way.  I would persue the  yard sales here for school/home school/project books, so the GK's  could keep up with their studies during summer.  Also, having a kid  read aloud to you while you drive is great practice!  Again, a  military education has proven superior to public school!  
3)  Unfortunately, even my daughter's Yukon XL is too big for many
 streets in Europe.. parking and even driving on the sidewalk at times.. much as I'd love to have Blue in Germany at times, renting a narrower vehicle and or cycle touring is the way to go there!!

Lisa and Blue

PS:  I'm jealous!!!  I want to go to Baja and Copper Canyon  (have traveled throughout Mexico on our own (hotels) and via the Carrera Panamerican with Blues friend "El Patito Feo", a '59 Olds.