Skip to main content
Topic: Need help on paint match (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Need help on paint match
Yahoo Message Number: 89316
I have managed to scuff a small area on the LD this past Friday. There was much gnashing of teeth following the event.
 Now on to the repair. This covers an area that will need to either be done with spray touch up or taken to a body shop to do.
 Unfortunately I have no deep maroon touch up and am about 2,500 miles from the mothership.

Has anyone found a really good match for that color and if so what brand and color. If not, since LD will not ship the spray paint are there any ideas as to how I can get a can short of retiring and driving out. I would love to retire but can't just yet :)
 I searched for a small bottle of touch up to have on hand before this happened and it is tough to find this color at all much less in non-metallic.

Jim C

Re: Need help on paint match
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 89317
"Jim"  wrote: Has anyone found a really good match for that color and if so what brand and color.
--- Message number 72174 might help you with a paint source; if you contact this company, and the information in post #72174 is still current, maybe you would post your experiences?  Thanks.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Need help on paint match
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 89320
Jim, you can get the paint from the factory, but if I remember correctly, it was $10.50 for each can, plus $25 haz mat shipping charges.  So I ordered all 3 colors on my rig (for the one shipping charge) through Vicky at the factory.  They LD got the paint people to come pick it up and ship it to me.  I believe this was last May.
Hope that helps, Tessa