Skip to main content
Topic: Aloha from Baja! (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Aloha from Baja!
Yahoo Message Number: 89218
Opps, I mean buenos dias!
 Well, we've searched high and low for some excitement.  Alas!  No bandidos, bad cops, drug deals gone bad (or good); no pillagers, plunderers or pilferers.  Just warm, generous families and pleasant campground hosts crying for more business.  The men with guns at military checkpoints haven't once boarded our rigs, (not even in the hope of finding soft drinks, a rig tour or pretty women!).  They've asked a few innocuous questions then waved us through.  We drove straight through the purported trouble spots, Tijuana, Rosarito and Ensenada, stopping only for tourist visas!
 So this is mostly a note to reassure you Baja and Backers and LDers headed South with the Escapees:  You are in for some *lovely* traveling -- no crowds (due to Norte Americano hysteria? gas prices?), no bad guys, hardly any traffic; it even seems the roads have improved; and the countryside is drop-dead BEAUTIFUL.  It has apparently rained a lot this year so the mountains and desert are stunning: green and flowering; the beaches and campgrounds are uncrowded; and the strawberries coming from Baja this Summer will be plentiful.  Trust me!!

Buen viaje!

Lorna (from CA), Calicia (from MA) and Marilyn (from ID) Two RBs and a TK Vizcaino, BC Sur, Mexico
 P.S.  Nervous Nellies contemplating exploring Baja: don't worry, be happy, pack your suitcase and head for the border!  Baja could sure use some more tourist dollars.
2003 RB

Aloha from Baja!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 89227
Hi Lorna
 Thanks for the news update. Please say Hi to Calisia and Marilyn if they remember us. Maybe we'll see you in Baja when we come down with the group in a couple weeks.

Tom and Yaeko

Re: Aloha from Baja!
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 89245
"Nervous Nellies contemplating exploring Baja: don't worry, be happy, pack your suitcase and head for the border! Baja could sure use some more tourist dollars."

Lorna

Thanks for the encouraging report.
Now when we meet this spring, make sure to brain-wash my wife into going to Baja next winter.
I know you have the power.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: Aloha from Baja!
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 89273
Now when we meet this spring, make sure to brain-wash my wife into going to Baja next winter.
I know you have the power.

Larry
LARRY:  I'll have Loni work on Renee.  We'll be up for Baja next winter as well.  -- Jon
(Former) ‘06 TK “Albatross.” And (former) Vespa 250.   Alas, no more; both are gone.😕 Great memories remain! 😄

Re: Aloha from Baja! (me too!)
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 89323
We want to go too!  But they need to allow kids to go - anyone want to work on them for me?

If they won't allow my kids to attend, we may instead go with Baja Winters:

http://www.bajawinters.com/>

Has anyone used them before? They sound very good too- less structured, but that's fine with me.  They're also less expensive and very experienced.  I've read good reports.

Tessa

Re: Aloha from Baja! (me too!)
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 89396
Tessa, If we have enough people interested we could put together our own group.  I would love to travel to Baja with you and the kids.
Judy (2 months til retirement!!)

teresadhill hillfamily55@...> wrote: We want to go too! But they need to allow kids to go - anyone want to work on them for me?

If they won't allow my kids to attend, we may instead go with Baja Winters:

http://www.bajawinters.com/>

Has anyone used them before? They sound very good too- less structured, but that's fine with me. They're also less expensive and very experienced. I've read good reports.

Tessa