Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Trailer Life Directory in CD Format (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
2008 Trailer Life Directory in CD Format
Yahoo Message Number: 88933
I received the new Trailer Life campground directory in CD format the other day. It was, for my needs, a well spent $34+-.
It has a few very handy features.
The Trip Routing part works very well. If you decide to end your driving day at a certain time, the software will search for campgrounds near where you should be at that time, up to a maximum 100 mile radius. It will also search for campgrounds all along your route should you so desire.
You can limit your campground search by the amenities you require i.e. dogs OK, dump station, wi-fi, etc.
I was concerned that it might only have commercial RV parks in the database. Not so. To test it I searched for all campgrounds within 50 miles of Lake Tahoe. It turned up dozens of Federal, State & local campgrounds in CA & NV in addition to private RV parks.
 Tried the detailed street map feature for where I live. Very accurate.
No errors I noticed.
 If you're looking for a good database of campgrounds, you might like this one.

Ed

Re: 2008 Trailer Life Directory in CD Format
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 88955
I received the new Trailer Life campground directory in CD format the other day. It was, for my needs, a well spent $34+-.

Thanks for the review, Ed.  I've heard bad reports about earlier versions over on the Open Roads forum.  Sounds like perhaps they've worked out most of the bugs on the new version.

Linda Hylton http://map.datastormusers.com/user1.cfm?user=1167 http://earl-linda.blogspot.com/
Linda Hylton

Re: 2008 Trailer Life Directory in CD Format
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 88958
-

Thanks for the review, Ed.  I've heard bad reports about earlier versions over on the Open Roads forum.
So far it's been performing to my expectations, Linda.
It does not, of course, have every campground in the Country in it's data base but I suspect that's true with all compilations of campgrounds.
For my needs, the most valuable feature is the one that allows me to search for campgrounds near any point.  We're heading to CA, OR & WA for the first time this Spring. Been using it extensively to locate prospective campgrounds near Yosemite, Redwoods National Forest, Seattle, etc.

Ed