Skip to main content
Topic: Hijacked thread- how does it work? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Hijacked thread- how does it work?
Yahoo Message Number: 87728
Help me understand this so I don't cause a stir by accident:
 A hijacked thread is when someone takes someone's message, replies to it, and then changes the subject within the message, right?
 If I start a new post with a new topic, I can state anything I want.
(which I believe occured on the "Wine Storage ideas" messages).

If I go to a message on the website and read down below it, all the responses should relate to the first message.
 Hijacked posts are not a good thing because the person who asked the original question may miss out on responses when others reply to the new direction the posts take.

Is that right?  I've been on Yahoo groups since they were "elists" (about 8 years) and I've never heard of such cause for concern.  I'm hoping it is all in fun.

Happy New Year to you all!

Tessa in TX '92 MB - Ciao Baby!

Re: Hijacked thread- how does it work?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 87730
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 20:54:25 -0000, "teresadhill" wrote these inspiring words:

Help me understand this so I don't cause a stir by accident:
Please excuse my sorry sense of humor.

Cheers, Don
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 87731
Oh Don, I figured you were joking.  But I have heard it mentioned before by others and wondered what it was.  I want to make sure I enjoy any crime that I commit!

:) Tessa

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 87736
Hijacked posts are not a good thing because the person who asked the original question may miss out on responses when others reply to the new direction the posts take.
Even worse, people who didn't care about the original topic might miss an interesting new one!

Joanne in Boston NE-44

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 87748
Hey not to Hi Jack your message here, but speaking of E-lists, I saw where the guy who started that then sold it to Yahoo for 450 million, just got killed in a small plane crash in Panama or somewhere down south.  His daughter was with him and died also.  There was a 12 yo girl who lived through it.  I read the article and it told the story of how he started e-lists then sold them.