Skip to main content
Topic: Wine storage idea (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Wine storage idea
Yahoo Message Number: 87707
I carry a "few" bottles of wine in (single and) double neoprene wine totes; single carriers can be more versatile if one needs to stash the wine in different locations.  Here's one less expensive source of the totes (Amazon) with good selection.

http://tinyurl.com/2f4dgb

The neoprene "sock" provides some insulation and protection against breaking for the wine bottle, and is handy when taking one's wine to a "social gathering". The open top of the carrier provides a clear view of the cork top label. As ever, YMMV. ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Wine storage idea
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 87713
"Wild Thing" has a much more down-scale wine storage plan:
 (a)  When parked for a length of time (such as we are 3 months in FL), the driver's seat holds 1 case of wine...easy to refill the slots and eliminates clinking;

and,
 (b)  When on the road, wine bottles are wrapped in a couple of those cheap plastic grocery bags and stashed in the under-seat cabinets, under the sinks, behind the passenger's seat, in the dirty laundry basket (in the shower) and one or two have even been known to have been found in the closet.
 I figure that if we're in a crash, the least of our problems will be wine stains.
 For those oenophiles in South Florida...a great (small) chain...Total Wine...a fabulous store; Publix grocery stores also have a great selection and currently many wine distributors are offering lots of discounts and Publix also has in-store specials...maybe it's the neighborhood, but for a little and older store, their selections are amazing.
 I've also found occasionally in Marshall's/TJMaxx/HomeGoods (at discount prices), as well as in those big linen-bath-kitchen stores (no discounts), the wine coolers that you store in the freezer and slip around a bottle of wine on demand.  They're flexible and take very very little space (I store 3 in the freezer door).

Tina P "Wild Thing" 06 MB

T,_._,___

Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
2006 MB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 87718
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:49:31 -0800 (PST), Tina Pratt wrote these inspiring words:

"Wild Thing" has a much more down-scale wine storage plan:
Another hi jacked thread!!!!!!
 I was talking about bottle storage. Why waste precious storage space on wine??

Cheers, Don
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 87724
Don Malpas  wrote: Another hi jacked thread!!!!!! I was talking about bottle storage. Why waste precious storage space on wine?? --- Eh? Did I miss something? Every answering post subsequent to your initial "botle storage" post discusses "wine" storage; Tina didn't "hi- jack" the thread, and I can't see where anyone else did, either.  Also, the heading on your photo file says "adult beverages"; I was always under the impression that wine *was* an "adult beverage", but YMMV.
 A Happy New Year to all, whether what you imbibe comes in a box, a can, a bottle, a carton, a bota, a jug, or a drip bag and tube! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 87821
I carry a "few" bottles of wine in (single and) double neoprene wine totes;
I've noticed an increasing number of good wines coming in 1 litre tetra paks.  These are lighter than glass, pack more efficiently, don't break, and fit into the fridge more easily.

They get my vote.

Ginger

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 87844
I carry bottles of adult beverage, both wine and alcohol, in white gym socks.  I don't have much use for socks where I like to stay but I do have a large bag of them along just in case.  Most have never been worn on my feet but I do slip all bottles into one and then store under the dinette or under the refrigerator.  They don't clink, they look like a mass of white cotton when the border inspectors peer in the bin and if I ever end up where it is cold I can always drink all the booze and then put the socks on my feet.

-- Jonna in Tortuga, 2001 Teal RB 'Tortuga' Find us MAPhttp://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=1013> Follow the BLOG herehttp://www.baddog.com/blog/blog.html>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]